Queues

Sleeping was much more difficult than I thought it would be. Every time is I'd close my eyes and start falling asleep it was like my body went into panic.

I felt the darkness around me again as before each time I'd close my eyes and jolt awake. I eventually was able to get passed that and fall asleep.

But even in the dreams I was still feeling that feeling. I could feel my chest burning and air closing around me like how it felt before I passed. It was like I was reliving it.

As I took my last breath reliving the time, I felt that darkness close around me. I felt my body start hyperventilating trying to get out. I can't do this again.

I shot up breathing heavily with panic i saw Neteyam still asleep beside me. I still had a light burning sensation in my chest. I sat there for a minute before I laid back down but wasn't able to go back to sleep.

I turned to my side looking at Neteyam sleep, he seemed so peaceful. He placed his arm around me pulling me closer with his eyes still shut. "You okay?" He said quietly with a raspy voice, still with his eyes closed.

"Yeah I just woke up," I said trying to dismiss the experience I just had like I was dying again.

"Good, everyone will be getting up soon," Neteyam said to me opening his eyes and looking into mine. He smiled but I could still see the fear in his eyes.

Just as he got done saying that Jake and Neytiri got up waking Tuk up too. Neteyam sat up causing me to sit up too. I looked down and saw my skin better than I was able to last night.

"I take it you told her," Jake said looking at Neteyam.

"She actually forced it out of me because people were looking at her outside of the hut," he said point to the cover over the door way.

"Well I'm glad you're back to you strong minded stubborn self y/n" Jake said smiling. But I wasn't because I still had the feeling in my chest and thoughts of the dream and feelings I was having.

"Me too" I said trying to get off the topic.

"Could you guys be quiet" Kiri said getting up rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah seriously, I know she's back but it's sooooo early," lo'ak said pointing fun and Kiri. She rolled her eyes at him.

I was still looking at my skin and hands. I am so happy to be in a Navi body but why does mines have to be special? I loved the way my skin looked and the patterns on it.

"You don't need to worry about your differences" Neytiri told me causing me to look at her and smiled saying thank you.

"You skin is beautiful," Neteyam said grabbing my arm with care lightly brushing his hands on it, "your eyes are magical" he said putting his hand on my face and looking into my eyes, "and your hair is stunning," Neteyam told me grabbing my hair softly in his hand.

"You're so sweet lover boy," I told him smiling at him.

"Lets get you something to eat," Jake said handing me a dish with food on it.

"Thanks but I'm really not hungry" I said and they all gave me looks saying that I was going to eat.

"You need to eat," Neteyam said grabbing the plate from his father and setting it on my lap.

I looked at everyone and they were all starring at me waiting for me. I smiled to myself at their persistence. I took I bite out of the food that was given to me looking at everyone and the smiled and turned their heads.

I sat there eating in silence until Neteyam was done. He nudged me and I just smiled at him.

"I'm gonna teach you how to ride an Ilu with your Queue today," Neteyam Said to me looking excited. "I even got your Ilu ready for you last night while you were sleeping,"

"So when are we going?" I asked him and he just smiled at me grabbing my hand and picking me up.

"Now, let's go guys" Neteyam said and all of his siblings got up running behind us.

"Don't do too much and be safe," Neytiri said laughing.

We ran outside hand in hand and ran to where my Ilu was. I saw her and when she saw me she clicked a few times in joy. I put my face on hers still feeling the same connection.

We were in the water and Neteyam was guiding me on a couple things when Tsireya came over to us as well.

"So when you get on you want to have a good stature for when you go under," he said demonstrating on his Ilu. He got off his and walked over to me.

I got on my Ilu a lot better than I was able to get on his last night cause I had ground under me this time.

I sat on her back lightly petting her. Neteyam stood there holding the animals Queue signaling what I should do.

I reached behind me and grabbed my Queue pulling it in front of my to my side. I looked at Neteyam "now what," as he was looking at my body and the way it moved causing me to lightly smile.

"Now slowly connect your queues" he said looking at me with a little bit of pride in his eyes.

I took my Queue and held the Ilus and slowly put them together. As they connected I took a deep breath trying to not spook her.

"Now feel her strength, her breath, you can control where she goes." Neteyam said stepping back looking at me with complete awe.

I smiled breathing and feeling the animal I was connected to. I opened my eyes and looked into the water and went straight. I looked behind me and smiled at Neteyam before diving under.

As we went under I got knocked back a little bit but stayed on and swam fast. I took the chance to go a little deeper and come up with more force.

We broke the surface to the water and went into the air turning around. "Yeah!" I yelled loudly hearing everyone laugh. We broke the surface back into the water and swam back to everyone.

I slowed down as I got closer and came back up to the surface. I circled around everyone with a big smile on my face and smiles on their faces. I unconnected my Queue from my Ilu and got off.

"That was super good," Tuk said coming over and giving me a hug.

" I felt free, it all felt wonderful," I said looking at everyone. I've riden one before but being able to control it with a Queue was different. I felt as if I was one with it.

"If you think that's free wait until you get your own Ikran, that's freedom right there," Neteyam said smiling at my accomplishment.

"Well you rode a lot better than I did my first time, I fell over and wiped out," lo'ak said and I laughed at him.

"That just because your stupid, y/n here actually has something in her head," Kiri said teasing her brother. He gave her a dirty look and and she stuck her tongue out at him.

...........................
I'm so happy you guys are enjoying the story and thank you for the support!!!❤️

I feel like I can do more than I am so I'm trying to put more thought into the stories and add more

And don't be afraid  to blow up my comments! I love seeing you guys talking in my comments