Fist Fight

After that Neteyam walked over to me checking me to make sure I was okay by grabbing my arm tenderly, "I'm fine Neteyam let's just go," I told him causing him to put his hand behind my back with care. We started over to Kiri and she grinned at me and nudged me, I for some reason knew exactly what to do.

I leaned behind Neteyam with Kiri doing the same as we both stuck our tongues out at them. We only got a few more steps in when they had yelled something I didn't hear causing Lo'ak to pause and turn around. We all stopped to see what he was doing.

"Lo'ak," neteyam called out, "It's okay bro, I got this," Lo'ak told Neteyam while Kiri and I shared glances.

"This hands kind of funny isn't it?" Lo'ak proceeded to show Aonung his hand "It's alien like, but watch, it can do something really cool," tightening his fist narrorating what he's doing.

Then he pops Aonung right in the face. The amount of shock on his face was priceless, I just stood there laughing with surprise. I didn't even realize neteyam let go of me until I saw him grab one of the other boys by the shoulder and deck him in the face. Me and Kiri were sitting on the side lines watching this play out.

One of them tried to grab Neteyam tail, something pulled over me and caused me to run in. "y/n" Kiri yelled but I was already too close to the fight to back out, plus I wanted in on the fun. I know I'm human, but I had to adapt which means I'm pretty strong.

I jumped on his back rolling him over. I wrestled with him for a couple seconds before I decked his face. I split his lip and as he turned his head I punched him again right in the eye. He tossed me off of him grabbing his face after. I got up with a smile on my face amd waved my hand. He ran towards me and a crouched down right as he got to me and jumped causing him to trip.

I figured I was done and saw both Neteyam and Lo'ak getting off of the guys they were fighting. They looked at me in concern and I was just smiling wider than ever, "That was fun," I said laughing and out of breath.

"You?" Lo'ak said pointing between me and the other guy, I nodded me head yes. Lo'ak and Neteyam looked at each other with surprise and started laughing.

"I told you bro, there's something special about her," Neteyam said running over to me and got behind me grabbing my shoulders, "She's brave, and strong, I knew it when I saw her." he finsihed congratualting me by putting me on his shoulders and walking with me on them.

We were walking to the hut, me still on his shoulders, we laughing laughing and sharing our stories until we say Jake. Neteyam slowly let me down when he saw his fathers death stare. Jake marched over to us three, "Home now," he looked at me, "All of you,"

Jake was the first to enter the hut basically fumming. "What was the one thing I asked you two to do?" He asked Neteyam and Lo'ak, I could feel them tensing.

"Stay out of trouble," They answered in unison. "And you two did it any way," Jake told both of them and pointed at me, "She could have gotten hurt," He said which made Neteyam take a deep breath.

"You don't understand dad, Aonung called them a freak and started picking on them first" Lo'ak said. I saw Jakes stature drop and saw him call down a little,

"Okay, well go make peace, I don't care how you do it, just do it" Jake told Lo'ak making Lo'ak roll his eyes and walk out of the hut.

Jake turned to me and looked at me like I was about to get lectured, this is the good thing about not having parents I didn't have to deal with this but now I did. "Do you have any clue how hurt you could of gotten," He asked me.

I kept staring at him in the eyes not breaking it, "Yes sir, but it was an unfair fight so I jumped in and took the one pulling on Neteyams tail," I wasn't worried about getting in trouble, whatever fight Neteyams in is mine too.

"You're not understanding, they could have broken your mask y/n," Jake stated.

"Yes, but they didn't and I didn't even get hurt," I told him causing him to look at me till he saw my arm, "Then whats this" Jake asked taking my arm and looking at the bruise caused by having my arm grabbed too hard. Neteyam popped his head over and looked, he looked angry again.

"In all honesty sir, that happened before the fight." I told him trying to ease up on me.

Jake looked at his some and pointed at me, "She's stubborn, shes got a back bone," he turned back, "That's good, you're going to need it." He was no longer mad at me a Neteyam but I do think we shook him up a bit.

"So she took on one of them by herself?" Jake asked Neteyam.

"Oh you should have seen it dad, it was epic," Neteyam started to brag and explain to his dad what I did.

"That's impressive kid," He turned to me with wide eyes, "How'd he look?" He asked

"Worse, busted his lip and gave him a black eye," I told him with a smile. He grabbed my shoulder "atta girl," he told me.

While still looking at me he told Neteyam he got a good one which did make me happy. Neteyam agreed when his dad turned to him, "And you?" he asked.

"oh worse, a lot worse," Neteyam told his dad.

Jake nodded at Neteyam, "Good, you guys are dismissed," he said. Neteyam grabbed my hand and walked me out of the hut.

"I'm sorry about my dad griling you like that" Neteyam told me.

I laughed, "It's okay Neteyam, just proves he cared about my well being,"

We walked around the ocean for a bit until Neteyam asked if I wanted to go back to the forest and sit on the roof. I shook my head yes at him and we walked back.

When we got back to the lab he got on the roof as did I using the ladder we built together. We laid there side by side looking at the stars just enjoying each others.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, before Aonung laid a hand on you," Neteyam started, "I feel the need to protect you and I wasn't even able to, what if something worse were to happen and I can't help it?"

I turned to my side to look at him with him doing the same, I looked into his yellow eyes, I could just get lossed in them, I softened my face and grabbed his, "You don't need to be sorry Neteyam, I'm here and I'm okay. I plan to be here for a long time with you," I smiled at him, "and nothing bad is going to happen so theres no need to worry about that either love,"

He grabbed my hand and kissed it. We scooted closer together still looking into each others eyes. It was peaceful, I felt myself getting tired and curled up next to him, he held me as I laid their falling asleep.

.............................
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
as always you can leave comments here on what you'd like to see