Mates

*****WARNING******
This chapter contains mature content 18+
I gave a warning before anything gets out of hand
If it makes you uncomfortable please skip passed it
**************************

I was walking and holding Neteyams hand as we got back to his Ikran to fly back to our current home.

The feeling of joy I had was unbelievable. I looked over at Jake and Lo'ak, every time I look at them I see their deaths replaying in my head. I need to prevent this, they are my family and I cannot allow this war to take them.

Neteyam shook my hand to grab my attention, "they are and they will be fine, do not worry love," he said giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"I know but it's just what I saw in those visions, half of it was magical, the other half was just dark," I said looking into his eyes.

We stopped by his Ikran, "wait here," Neteyam said walking over to his parents.

"He cares for you so much, and it kills him knowing you're going to be in danger but every bone in his body in proud of you and trusts you," Lo'ak said.

"I trust me, I trust we can do this," I said looking over to him.

"It's not just Neteyam who is scared, we've all lost you, but we are all also aware that there's no one better to lead," Lo'ak said putting his hand on my shoulder, "I mean just look at how my dad looks at you.

I looked over to Jake who looked at me like I really was the younger version of him. Who was able to lead, strong, stubborn and hard working. Jake nodded his head at me in a sign of respect.

"He knows what you're capable of, he sees himself in you," Lo'ak told me kindly.

"Thank you," I said giving him a hug. "I love Neteyam so much,"

"We know you do," Lo'ak said smiling, "I love you, no I love you.... Blah blah all that," he said mocking us.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him, "shut up,"

"But seriously, the way you two look at each other and after each other is one of a kind in a persons life time," he said pressing a hint.

"It feels once in a life time," I said looking back over to Neteyam who had started walking back over to us with a smile.

"You ready," Neteyam asked hopping on his Ikran. "The parents wanted me to give this to you," he said handing me a mic choker and ear piece.

"Of course," I said hugged Lo'ak, "I'll see you later,"  I said placing the mic and ear piece in.

"See ya!" He said skipping to his Ikran.

I hugged Neteyams waist as we began to take off. Every inch of him was perfect. I kissed his neck a few times before just letting my head rest on his back.

I looked out at the sky noticing we weren't going back home.

"Where are we going," I asked picking my head up from his back.

"To the spirit tree," he said calmly.

"Oh, I like it there," I told him snuggling up to him a little more.

That tree is just so beautiful and calming. Seeing Neteyam under that tree was a sight I never want to forget. And beautiful as he is on a daily basis something about seeing him under that tree just hits different.

The way his eyes shine when they look at me, his freckles that sparkle under it. His skin that gets a purple hue and the energy of him under the tree is perfect.