Bullies

It's been a couple weeks since Neteyam took me on a ride on his Ilu.  Since then we've been gettinf closer as I have been with his family.  They're so nice to me now and so are more people around the clan.  I get less stares and dirty looks. 

This morning I decided to walk into the clan by myself and see the ocean.  Even if it was still weird coming out of the forest, I have grown more comfortable.  I was walking along the shore when I heard Tuk call my name.  She ran over to me and gave me a hug.

"Hey y/n," Tuk said smiling, "Want to have breakfast with us?" she asked

"Yeah, of course," I looked at her, "You made sure it was okay with your mom and dad first right?" I asked her raising an eyebrow.

"Well," she started trailing off, "Technically, no, BUT I'm sure they won't mind," She said laughing and pulling me to their hut. 

When we got into the hut I was greated with warm smiles by everyone especially Neteyam.  Tuk lead me over to where they were going to eat breakfast.

"I asked y/n to join us for breakfast," Tuk said looking at her mom, "I hope that's okay."

"It's okay, we were going to invite you anyways," Neytiri said looking over to me.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it," I told them, "Is there anything I can help with?" i asked.

"No you're all good, you're the guest," Neteyam said wlaking behind me.

Neteyam sat by me as his mom started handing out the food, I have to admit that she really knows how to cook.  We all sat around talking about what they needed to do today and I kind of felt out of the loop.  I didn't have tasks to do.  Soon we all got done eating and I helped clean up even with protests from Neytiri.  I couldn't just leave her to do it on her own.

Kiri bumped me on the arm to start a conversation, "I don't know if you're busy today or not, but I was going to invite you to make a few baskets with me by the shore." 

"I'm not busy today so I'd love to join," I told her with a smile, "I actually felt bad that I didn't have anything around here to do," i whispered to her causing her to simply laugh.

I knew Neteyam had some more training to do so I knew I wouldn't see him as much today.  I would get to see him at night though, everything is so much nicer at night.  Neteyam looked at me before leaving the hut with his brother, he nodded and smiled at me and all I could do was smile back at him.

"You know, I think he might be head over heels for you," Kiri told me as she got up to leave the hut, I was in shock honestly thinking about him being head over heels for me was awesome, "You coming?" she broke me out of my thought process causing me to jump up by her side and walk with her.

We got to the shore of the ocean and began making baskets.  We made some small talk, she spoke about how everything here was truly amazing and I couldn't agree more.

"Even the sand is beautiful," Kiri said walking over to the water deep enough to lay in it.  "I could watch the sand and how it moves with the water all day," she said putting her face into the water.  I laugghed but I figured I'd give what she was doing a shot and did what she did opposite of her.

We were enjoying the peace of the water until we say showed and light voices comign from above us.  Kiri and I picked up our heads at the same time, Kiri being the first to speak getting up, "What was that?" She asked

"I said are you some kind of freaks," Aonung asked the both of us causing Kiri to grab my hand and roll her eyes. 
She tried leading us both away until all three of them started grabbing her hands causing me to get frusterated.

"Stop, we did nothing," I yelled at them.  One walked over to me and started trying to grab my arms and hands,

"Look shes just a little human, and freak," He said looking around till he said freak, then looked at me.

"Get your nasty scales off of me," I stated when he grabbed my arm too hard I tried to pull away.

Me and Kiri were just batting away their hands getting tired of being bullied.  Lo'ak was close by and spotted us and ran in, "Hey, back off fish lips," Lo'ak told them. They started grabbing their tails and mocking them.

"Leave us alone!" Kiri yelled at them,

"Seriously as the Chiefs son I thought youd have more respect for your family,"  I told Aonung causing him to walk over to me.  I stood my ground, I wasn't going to let this tuna fish smelling ass be rude to us.  I went to take a step closer to him as he grabbed my arm tigher than before, with my hand in a fist, I looked behind him and saw Neteyam marching over, all I did was smile.

When Neteyam got over to us he pulled Aonungs shoulder and pointed in his chest, "You heard what they said," He spoke with a deep and angry voice.  I've never seen him so mad and protective, "Leave them alone," he stated shoving him a little and looking at me causing Aonungs hand to let go of my arm, whatever anger he was channeling got darker and he looked back at Aonung, "And from now on, I want you to respect my sister and my girl,"

'My Girl'?? I'm his girl?  I like the sound of that.

..................

Dont worry, There's another chapter following this one.

Feedback as always can be left here...