It All Comes Back

I woke up early in Neteyams arms.  I sat there laying after the restless night I had.  Sleep was almost impossible. 

Quaritch is back?  He's not dead?  Is he after me now along with Jake?  As that thought popped into my head I was unable to fall asleep again.

I grunted and sat up rubbing my eyes.  I placed my head in my hands listening to Neteyam sleep peacefully.  I let a breath out happy he's still here.

I stood up and stopped right by the doorway to our hut.  I turned and looked at both the boys scared for what's to come.  I want to send them away to keep them safe. 

I quietly exited the hut and walked over to the ledge.  I sat down and looked up to the sky wondering why they have to keep coming back.  Why are the sky people filled with so much hate and destruction. 

I sat there looking at the sky.  The sun was still down and all the stars look beautiful. 

I heard walking behind me causing me to turn my head to see who it was.  Jake was walking behind me and looked at me with concern and furrowed his eye brows.

I looked down.  I'm tired and worried and I'm sure my face has that written all over it. 

Jake walked beside me and sat down looking at me.  "What's going on y/n," he said.

"What's not going on," I said looking at him and scuffing, "I mated with Neteyam I should be happy and instead I'm thinking about everything else," I said looking out to the sky.  "And I'm talking to you about mating with your son," I said laughing and covering my face.

"Well I think you want to talk about that because it's the bright light in all this darkness but you should talk about the darkness, you're not alone,," Jake said.

There is so much darkness.  I felt my eyes start watering so i looked up at the sky.

"What's going on y/n," he said putting his hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him and started to cry because I know what I have to tell him.  Jake just looked at me with sorrow eyes. 

"He's back," I said starting to get small glimpses back to the ship. 

Jake looked at me confused and smiled, "hey Neteyam never left," he said thinking I was talking about him. 

"No, not him," I said putting my hand up and earning a look from Jake.  I took a deep breath and looked at him. "Him." I said looking deeper in his eyes, "Quaritch,"

Jake looked at me confused, "are you sure?" He said looking out, "I killed him in the ocean," he said looking back at me.

"I'm sure, I saw him, he was one of the ones who captured me in the forest," I said tears starting to fall. 

"But how," Jake said looking extremely worried. 

"Sir," I said, "I think I know how," I told him.  He looked at me to continue, "spider, I think my parents tried to warn me but they got cut off when I came back," I told him.

"Spider?" Jake asked, "Spider did this, that's where he went after you died and we fought on the ship, he saved him," Jake said feeling the betrayal of letting spider into their family. 

I hugged him and started to cry even more.  I know I shouldn't cry but he understood and hugged me back.

"Im scared, I don't know how to lead these people, I don't know-" I got cut off.

"Shhh, I didn't either but when it comes to it, you will know exactly what to do.  I saw that tonight," Jake said pulling away from the hug.

"Quaritch is back, I think your sons should leave so I know they are safe," I said looking at him and back at the hut, "I can't let them get hurt,"

Jake smiled at me a chuckled to himself, "I thought the same thing but you and I both know they are not leaving you here," he said.

"Well maybe they'll listen if it's me telling them it's an order," I said.

"They rarely listen to orders," Jake said, "they are loyal to you and they love you so they're not going anywhere and nor are me and Neytiri."

"I know, and I appreciate you guys," I said smiling at him. "Do you think he's going to come after me now that he knows I'm back from the dead, Quaritch," I said losing my smile.

"He could be here for the both of us," Jake said looking out at the sky, "he wants me for turning my back on the humans, he may want you for science."

"Why is it such a big deal that you turned into a Navi? Like seriously no offense but you were one human and you obviously didn't belong there so why does it matter still?" I asked genuinely.

"Wouldn't I like to know, they wish to kill me. None of it makes sense but that's earth for you," he said.

"What was earth like? I don't remember it, was it beautiful like it is here?" I asked.

"No, god no. It was a dump and there was so much damage done to the earth and they basically killed their god, and the humans want to do that here,".

"So I didn't miss out on anything," I said smiling. "Thank you Jake," I looked at him and hugged him.

"No thank you, I didn't have someone else who was Toruk Makto to talk to. I know the weight you're feeling but I also know the passion your feeling. You can always come to me" he said patting my back.

Jake let out a breath looking at me while pulling away from the hug but keeping his hands on my shoulders.

"You did it, you conquered Toruk." Jake said with a pause, "I didn't raise you but as part of this family and now technically a daughter of mine, I am so incredibly proud for you and happy to call you a Sully now."

"Thank you sir," I smiled at him, "you should get some rest especially knowing Quaritch is back," I told him dismissing him to go to sleep.

"You should get some rest," he said looking at me in a parent way.

"I can't sir, I need to focus,". I said looking out at the sky.

"No you need to relax at least for a moment," Jake said looking out too, "you should grab Neteyam and go for a ride on your Ikrans," he said, "do you want me to grab him?"

"No, he's asleep he needs his rest and I don't wish to worry him," I said putting my hand up and waving a little.

"Well I'm not sleeping, we should go for a ride," Jake said, "neytiri's up I can grab her if that's okay,"

"Only if you guys want to," I said standing up.

Jake nodded and stood up with me getting Neytiri.

..................................

Still not doing the best but I wanted to give you guys your chapter!

I'm not going to have service this weekend, I'm going off grid for a couple days but if I do get service I will make a new chapter.