Fallen Tulkan

Is been a little over a few week since Kiri gave me that antibiotics and it has done wonders. I got a nasty scar but it's healed and I'm feeling better.

We all started doing this habit that stuck to keep it subtle.  One of the family members would whistle to make sure I was okay or to ask and if I was I'd whistle back and vise versa.  I let them know I hated the question so we came up with an alternative.  I heard whistles the most from Neteyam for both physical and mental if I'm okay.

I stopped having babysitter and was able to be left alone. I took the chance to go into the forest and back to my lab.

I walked into the lab and took of my mask and sat down. On my bed. I took the chance to wash myself and change. My braids fell out a long time ago that Kiri and Tuk gave me. I was back to my long hair and had to take care of it.

I stepped into the shower feeling the water clean my body and hair. It felt nice to have a second to myself. I needed to think by myself.

I stepped out of the shower and quickly got dressed and sat back down on my bed. Why was I a protector? What was I supposed to do?

I laid on my bed for a while just thinking.

*Click* I heard a few times on my window followed with a whistle. I sat up whistling back and was met with Neteyam. I ran outside and gave him a hug.

"Hey I wanted to see if you wanted to come over to our hut today, I know you've been there a lot but Tuk really loves you being around," Neteyam said.

"Is Tuk the only one who wants me to come over?" I asked him smiling and teasing.

"No, I also want you there along with the family," Neteyam told me pulling away.

"I'll come if you can catch me," I said before darting off into the woods. I knew everything about these woods and I was ready to live again.

I climbed up a tree with Neteyam behind me, I looked down at him and smiled before grabbing a vine and swinging myself leaning my head back laughing. I've never laughed so much. I went from tree to tree with him right behind me.

I got to a clearing and looked behind me to see him smiling and following me. I looked forward and saw the big leaves of plants by me. I smiled and threw myself down them. I used the leaves to slow myself to hit the ground.

"You know my mom did the same thing to my dad," Neteyam yelled from above smiling.

"Well let's hope you got your moms skills," I yelled back at him standing at the bottom. He smiled and jumped. He wasn't too graceful but wasn't the worst.

Right as he hit the ground I jumped on him and covered his eyes. I could feel him smile and I let his face go. He carried me on his back out of the woods and back to the hut.

"You know you've never told me your favorite color," Neteyam said.

"It used to be dark green or dark red," I said then continued, "recently its been blue and yellow," I told him in his ear. "But what's yours?" I asked him.

"Easily it's y/eye/c," he said pointing out the fact that it's the color of my eyes. All I could do was smile.

We got back to the hut and he put me down and we were all sitting around chatting.

"I'm glad you're back to yourself y/n"  Jake told me and everyone agreed.

"I feel that way too, I couldn't stand being weak," I told them smiling.

"You weren't weak, you were hurt," Neteyam told me.

"I was weak because I got hurt, but I was still weak," I told him giving him a slightly sarcastic look.