Morning Flights or Fights?

I went and grabbed my bow incase Neytiri wanted to hunt to clear our heads.  I walked into the hut and saw both the boys asleep then crept to where my bow was.

I grabbed my bow and one of Lo'aks spears almost fell onto the ground.  I grabbed it quickly and paused to see if the boys woke up.  Both of them were still and asleep.  I let out and breath and sat the spear against the wall.

I took my bow and arrows outside and put them on outside the hut.  I saw neytiri and Jake talking.  Neytiri put her hand on her head and looked at Jake with pleading eyes.  

She started speaking and using her hands when talking.  She slowed down on what she was saying when she made eye contact with me.  Her face softened and she walked over to me as I was walking to her.

She wrapped me in a hug, I wasn't quite sure why. I hugged her back but I was just kind of confused. I looked at Jake and he put his hand up saying to just accept it.

"My sweet girl, are you sure?" She asked still hugging me.

"Sure of what?" I asked back.

"That you saw him," Neytiri asked trying to get confirmation. I think she just wanted to be hugged while being told.

"Yes, I saw him. He was one of the ones who grabbed me in the forest, it took a bit for me to recognize him." I told her hugging her tighter.

"I'm going to kill him," she said pulling away from the hug. "That stupid human, I told you he didn't belong with us and he belonged with his own kind, I called it years ago," neytiri whisper yelled at Jake.

"Okay but right now we have a war we have to deal with first Neytiri, that is our concern" Jake said trying to calm her down and grabbing her shoulders.

She shoved him off and and threw her hands up scuffing at him. "I told you," she said stepping away.

Neytiri looked at me and I really thought she was going to go ape shit on me. I looked at her waiting for her wrath to come down on me. The opposite happened.

She ran to me and grabbed my hand taking off. I ran with her with Jake staying behind in the mountain.

We both jumped off the cliff calling our Ikrans. Both came and we landed on them connecting.

"I-I-I" neytiri called out and I followed after her doing the same call.

"I really thought you were going to yell at me," I yelled over to her.

"I have no reason to yell at you child, you have done no wrong," she yelled back to me. "You did not save him,"

"I should of killed him but I was worried about Neteyam," I told her.

"You did the right thing saving my son, as always," she said smirking at me. "You always save him, even if you get hurt," she said pointing at the bruise I got on my side during the earlier quarrel. "You love him,"

"I do," I told her smiling, "I always will protect him, even if it means I die," told her.

Neytiri nodded at me with a smile, "which is why I have no issue you two mated so young," she said.

I looked down to iris and shook my head of embarrassment. "So where are we going," I asked her.

"We hunt!" She yelled diving down into the forest.

"Hell yeah!" I yelled following her down.

We dove down into the forest, flying between all the trees. We were on the look out for animals to kill to feed the clan.

We saw an animal and Neytiri nodded at me to take the shot. I grabbed my bow staying level on my Ikran as we dodged the trees following the animal. I pulled my bow back checking an arrow and getting the animal in my sights.

I took a breath and released my arrow. With the one arrow I took down the animal circled around to meet it at the ground.

I got off my Ikran and disconnected from it. I walked over to the animal and put my hand on it's neck looking at its face. "Thank you great Eywa," I said Boeing down to the animal. Neytiri watched my actions smiling.

"No one taught you to love the land, you just do," she said walking over to me. "Even as a human, you loved and cherished this world, like a true Navi," she said looking at me as she sat next to me.

"I've always cherished this land, it's beautiful and never ceases to amaze me". I told her looking at the animal.

"Spider. He always tried so hard to act like he cares for all of this, but somethings always felt off about him." She said, "but you, I could tell you actually cared for this land, I couldn't get over my feeling for humans is why i was so distant with you," she said explaining herself.

"I told spider he wasn't his father," I said looking at neytiri, "when I was dying," I said finishing my sentence.

Neytiri softened her eyes at me.

"I do not blame you Neytiri," I told her, "I'm distasteful to humans too even though I was one," I said looking at her, "I don't get why they must bring so much destruction and death with them, they're all evil," I said shaking my head.

"And that is why I love you like one of my own," she said pulling my head to her into a hug and giving my head a kiss.

This is an odd feeling, she's being all motherly towards me. I hugged her, "is this what having a mom feels like?" I asked jokingly.

"Yes, you will feel my pride in you and I will treat you like my own because you are now, but this also comes with my scolding and guidance" she said pulling me away and smiling, "I am so very proud of you," she said standing and lifting me up with her.

"Is it weird or wrong if I call you mom," I asked smiling and laughing with her. Getting to have this connection with her means something to me.

"Only if you are comfortable with it, I know you lost your parents so if you don't wish to you don't have to," she said looking at me in a motherly way.

"I think my parents would understand," I said looking to the animal.

"So how are we going to clean it and bring it back, this is a big animal," I asked.

"We will go back and have someone else and a bunch of other will come to collect," she said running over and jumping on her Ikran.

I did the same jumping on Iris and looking at Neytiri. We smiled at each other and took off in the sky flying up through the trees.

We continued to fly in the sky. We were having fun together, something I never thought would happen. We flew straight up laughing with each other before falling back down.

Even though we were in a war we both needed this. I think she wanted me to know she had my back and to have some bonding time without Jake.