Moments alone

I woke up before Neteyam and sat up looking through the cave to the sky.  It was a cloudy day and it caused me to smile.  I love cloudy whether. 

I stood up and went to trace the vines along the side of the cave singing lightly. I brushed them lightly which caused them to slightly glow.  Each vine had its own rhythm, some were calm while other were chaotic.  I was drawn to the chaotic ones.

I was basically dancing with them spinning around sometimes dragging my hand along it softly as to not damage it. 

I saw Neteyam stir awake causing me to stop in fear of embarrassment.  When he noticed I was by his side he shot up with his eyes wide until he saw me.  His expression softened and smiled. 

"Hey there love," he said in a sleepy voice which was quiet and cute.

"Hey there lover boy, did I scare you?" I asked laughing.

Neteyam stood up and walked over to me placing his hands on my waist.  I looked up at him with doe eyes. 

"What can I say, I worry about you," he said placing a soft kiss on my forehead.   "Stop giving me those eyes I feel like I whipped"

I laughed at him and turned back to the vines.  I brushed my fingers across them and watched as they would glow.  Neteyam traced them as well putting his hand next to mine holding it. 

"Even the smallest things are magical here" neteyam said into my ear, "that's what I love most of Eywa, everything she's made has it's own way of surviving and thriving in beauty" Neteyam whispered like he was hinting it to me.

"She really does make the most beautiful things," I said agreeing with him.

"That includes you you know?" He paused for a second, "your green hints are beautiful and unique.  Your personality is amazing and you have your own way of surviving and thriving.  It's like these vines, they're so beautiful but guarded by this whole cave and I'm glad I get to see both the these vines and who you really are" he said wrapping me in a hug, "I can't imagine myself without you love,"

He was being so sweet I didn't even know how to comprehend it.  I turned back to him and smiled looking between his eyes. 

"I-" I didn't even know what to say.  He left me speechless. "I don't know what to say" I said giving him a bigger smiled.  He knows just what to say. 

He gave me a small grin, "you don't have to say anything love," he said grabbing my face lightly and looking between my eyes.  He looked down at my lips. 

I leaned forward not sure if this is what he meant.  I stopped right before our lips connected waiting for him. 

He must of knew I was waiting for him and pulled me closer to him kissing me.  Our lips connected sweetly but full of pure love.  The way he kisses me swallows me whole.  I felt like nothing in the world but me and him in this moment mattered. 

Our moment was short lived as I heard his dad talk into his ear through their mic system or whatever.  We both pulled away.  Neteyam had the look of him listened where as I just looked confused only hearing a small mumble. 

"Yeah we're okay," neteyam said to Jake.

Jake was saying more but I still couldn't hear him. 

"We're coming back now," neteyam said.  Not in a rush but in a I'll follow your order tone.

"Dad didn't know what happened to us and wanted to make sure we're okay," Neteyam said holding onto my hand, "he wants us to come back because he wants to talk to me,"

"Okay, well I can just stay on the beach or something when we get back," I said smiling. 

"Okay, well I guess we should go" Neteyam said kissing my forehead.

We walked out of the cave and swam back to the entrance.  His Ilu was already there waiting for us. 

We got onto the back of his Ilu and rode back under to the surface on the other side.  I held tightly on his waist looking at the cloudy sky. 

"Hey Neteyam," I asked. 

"Yes love?" He responded.

"What do you think about taking me back to your forest sometime?" I said to him. 

He looked happy that I asked but disappointed too. "I don't know, it could be dangerous over there," he said, "I don't want to lose you again why do you ask?"

"I'd like to see where you came from," I told him placing my head next to his, "I also want an Ikran and I don't think I can find one anywhere around here" I said looking at him.

I saw him smirk and nod, "I will try to talk my parents into letting us go so you can have your own and see what a real forest is like," he looking to the side to face me, "because although your forest is beautiful, multiply that by 1000," he said causing me to smirk.

"Okay, I get it I have a baby forest," I said causing him to laugh.

"Are you sure you're ready for an Ikran or can be intimidating" he said making sure I knew what I was getting into.

"You know what's Intimidating, dying and I survived that," I said, "although technically I didn't or else I wouldn't have- anyways yea I'm ready" I said getting side tracked.

Neteyam just chuckled, "okay love," he smiled at me, "I'm very happy you want to go the my forest and are ready to get an Ikran"

he said as we came up to the shore line.  "One day I will take you back no matter what, but I'll try to make it sooner" he said as we rode up to the shallow part. 

We got off his Ilu and looked at each other before parting ways. 

I went to an area by the beach where my trees and the ocean met. The roots were big enough to easily be walked on and across.  I sat down and looked at the sky.  Oh how I love cloudy weather. 

......................
This chapters a little short but I just wanted another sweet moment with neteyam and y/n.

Also, sorry for any misspellings especially with earlier chapters because I was writing this on my computer and switched to a phone for auto correct😂😂