Toruk Makto

Y/n's POV

I walked out of the home with Lo'ak right beside me. I laid my head on his shoulder while we were walking.

"Ugh," I said to Lo'ak, "this is not at all how today was supposed to go,"

"I know it may seem hard but I don't think Neteyam was kissing her back, I believe him," Lo'ak said trying to reason.

"It's not that," I huffed out looking at all the people looking at us. "Well part of it is, I know he wasn't kissing her back but that doesn't mean I wasn't upset," I paused, "all of this. I was just supposed to get an Ikran," I said picking up my head.

"Oh," Lo'ak started, "well I think it's really cool," he stayed looking at me.

"Well of course you do," I said nudging him with a smile. "But now I'm Toruk Makto. And a war is coming Lo'ak" I looked at him deeper, "and now I'm supposed to lead the people, and the last person to do that was your dad and he was amazing, how am I supposed to follow that?"

"You don't follow him," Neteyam said catching up to us. "And I'm sorry, I promise-"

I cut Neteyam off, "I know you weren't kissing her back but that doesn't change how I initially felt when I first saw that, I still love you," I said grabbing his face. "And what do you mean,"

"You don't follow our dad." He said again like it would be come clearer, "you are your own Toruk Makto, you will be the leader and you are stronger so don't be my dad, be you that's why you are Toruk Makto," neteyam said, "I love you so much," he said pulling my face to him and kissing my forehead.

He was right, I can't be his dad. I can't do what he did and I have to help these people in my own way.

We got to where their grandmothers hut is and walked in seeing the chief. Neteyam and Lo'ak both let me in first and followed behind me.

"Come, sit," Tsahik said to all of us.

We all listened and sat in a circle and I had both the boys on each side of me.

"You are Toruk Makto?" The chief asked me looking deeply at me trying to see if I was worthy, "you look strong and ready,"

"How can you tell," I asked wondering how he knew so much about me just by looking at me.

"Your face, each face has a story and yours says you've already fought in a war once in your eyes, you've got these scars on your face which shows you're not afraid to be hit." Tsahik said explaining the chief. "You are strong because you are Toruk Makto, Eywa has chosen you for us,"

"And you two," the chief said looking at the boys. "By looking at you we can see you are loyal and believe in y/n's ability to lead and that you will do anything to protect her which will be needed,"

Needed?
Am I a main target?

"She is the leader, and the way to end a war is to take out the leader first so she is to be kept an eye on," Tsahik said.

"We know and we will do everything in our power," Lo'ak said whilst both of them put one of their hands on my shoulders.

"Have you told your parents," Tsahik asked

"I did, they are on their way," neteyam said to his grandmother.

"Good, what about Kiri and Tuk?" Tsahik asked.

"They are staying at the other clan far away," neteyam said, "they are very proud of you y/n and you need to make sure you put my father in his place, he will try to order you but you are the one to give the orders" Neteyam told me looking at me.

"He is not wrong, he was Toruk Makto and he will think because he was it he should do it again but that is not the case this time, Eywa chose you" the chief said.

"We have no idea when this war is to start, but we are ready, our warriors are ready from this clan" Tsahik said looking at all of us.

"What if we get neighboring clans to join?" I asked warning a smile from everyone, "what?" I asked.

"It's nothing," Lo'ak said still smiling.

"Jake had the same thought, I know you are not him, but I can tell you will lead us to victory, you have a leaders intuition and strength," the chief said.

Both the chief and Tsahik stood giving us a signal to stand with them. Tsahik looked me up and down and nodded. The chief grabbed my hand and we shook and he leaned in with a hug.

"You are Toruk Makto, be loud, be the leader, but most importantly be careful yet courageous, you have all of us behind you, you're not doing this alone," the chief said pulling away from the hug and walking out of the hut.

I turned and looked at Neteyam and Lo'ak, "it's happening," I said looking at them happy and scared.

"It's happening and I will protect you," Neteyam said giving me a hug.

"Aren't I supposed to be protecting you?" I asked

"Shut up, we protect each other" Lo'ak said.

I looked over at Lo'ak while I still hugged neteyam and invited him over.

"We are going to get through this," I said and hugged them tighter.

We all pulled away from the hug and looked at each other and gave a simultaneous nod. We walked out of the hut and going back to our own.

I walked out first tall and proud and the boys walked out behind me.

"You know, there's a ceremony to be held to welcome you into our clan," Lo'ak said poking my arm.

"Yeah we could do it if you want," Neteyam said stepping up to my side and looking at me.

"I'd love that," I said smiling at him and wrapping an arm around his.

I looked back at Lo'ak and pulled him forward grabbing his arm and wrapping our arms together.

"We protect each other," I said looking at him, "which means I want you two by my side," I said looking between the both of them, "not behind me, and definitely not in front of me," I said laughing. "We are in this together and we will all lead your clan to victory,"

"It's all of our clan," Neteyam said once we got back to our home.

Seh'ak ended up leaving at some point cause she was no longer here on the floor. Good, serves her right.

"You actually stained our floor with her blood," Lo'ak said walking over to where I punched her last and pointing at the blood splatter.

I smiled, "well maybe she shouldn't of tried to touch something that wasn't hers," I said, "maybe we should call her back since she's such a great care taker I'm sure she knows how to get it out of the floor," I said ending it in a laughing fit.

"Hmm," Neteyam, hummed to himself causing me to look at him quickly, "I'm yours" he said with a chipper smile and kissed me on the cheek.

....................
Don't worry I wasn't going to break you and Neteyam up over a hoe!😂😂😂