Neteyam...

Y/n pov

"Neteyam," I start, I don't know what to say.  I do feel the same way but I can't hold him back from finding his mate.  "You've changed my life, but in the end, I am human." I state standing up.  I can't tell him I don't want to be with him because that's so far from the truth.

"I don't care that you're human, my dad was to," he says I look at him with sorry eyes.

"But he had a Navi body, I don't, and I'd give anything Neteyam," I said as I tried to grab his hands with tears in my eyes.  "But you need to find yourself a real mate," I want to hug him but I know I cant. 

"We feel this way for each other yes, but I can't hold you back," my voice begins to crack and tears stream down my face.  He pulls me into a hug but we're both hurt. 

I did not want to hurt him.  I will have feelings for him till the end of my life.  This guilt is killing me, I step away and mouth I'm sorry to him before running.  I'm always running. 

"Y/n!" I heard from behind me but I deafened by my tears. 

I run to the ocean and sit there in a secluded area just crying.  I hurt him, I hurt the one guys who liked me.

"Y/n/n?" I heard a female behind me, I turned to look and saw Tsireya with Lo'ak.  I quickly wipe my tears and stand up to say hi to them.

"Are you okay?" Lo'ak asked and I could just feel the tears coming back and falling down my face as Tsireya hugged me

"I hurt him Lo'ak, I hurt him..." I looked at both of them and they just looked at me confused.  "He said, 'I see you' and I told him he couldn't basically because, well look at me, I'm just a sky demon and human.  I care so much about him I pushed him away with an excuse"

"I didn't know he felt so strong about you y/n," Lo'ak said to me, "I will make sure he's doing okay but you are just wanting to look out for him, and like you said, you care about him and that's what matters," he said as he grabbed my arm in a comforting way.

"I'm sorry," Tsireya said to me.  "Eywa has a plan for everyone and you've just got to trust her,"  she continued, "ask her, I know you don't have a queue but she hears all her children and it's worth a shot. 

"Thank you" I told her as she walked away.  I laid in the sand and just looked at the sky. 

Oh Eywa, what do I do?  Do I go ahead and be with him?  Let myself fall in love with him?  As I'm asking this in my head I saw a shooting star and knew my answer. 

Neteyam I'm sorry for hurting you if I did, i trust you and that scares me.  That scares me so much and I just want to hug you right now.

"Y/n" I hear quietly instantly knowing the voice I turn my head and face him.

"I'm sorry Neteyam, I really am.  I want to be with you too.  I trust you so much, that's what scares me cause if I rely on someone, then I can be let down.  I want to be with you but I'm scared."  I said pleading with him and as if he reason my thoughts from earlier he hugged me. 

"We don't have to put a label on anything, but we can know how we feel about each other," he started, "and we can act on how we feel," grabbing my face looking me in the eyes, "I see you, but you don't have to say it, I want you to know I see you for you and all you're strength and beauty" he finished with a light kiss on my forehead.

I feel so lucky that I didn't ruin everything, but I wonder what Lo'ak said to him.  I never want to let him go, he's my new home is all I can think. 

"You trust me?" He said with a smile, "it looks like we've come a long way from you trying to kill me" he said laughing causing me to laugh.  His laugh is contagious. 

"Do you want to ride an Ilu tomorrow?" He asked kind of randomly, but I just nodded my head yes to answer him so absorb in the moment. 

I looked at my oxygen realizing it been forever since I checked it and noticed I was low, I show Neteyam it and he begun walking me back to the lab. 

I looked to the side and saw Lo'ak and Tsireya standing there by Kiri too all smiling and giving me a thumbs up.  And just smiled back and mouthed thank you to them. 

We got Int the forest and Neteyam started to be weird and chase me to the lab and when I got to the door he was right behind me ticking me causing me to scream in laughter and make my body just fold until he stopped I smiled at him before he kissed my forehead again

"Goodnight my love," Neteyam spoke softly to me looking at my soul through my eyes

"Good night Neteyam, I can't wait for tomorrow.  Thank you for forgiving me," I said before taking my mask off to kiss his cheek.