Scars

I woke up back inside of the lab, not really sure how I got inside. I woke up out of breath freaking out due to the dream or more so nightmare I just had.

What ever I just saw I hope it was just a dream.

Neteyams pov
Last night was wonderful.  I held her in my arms for so long and it felt like everything just made sense.  I was enjoying the moment keeping an eye on her air until it got too low.

I carried her back inside and placed her on her bed.  She was so peaceful and vulnerable.  She trusted me enough to be like that around me.  I can't believe how lucky I am.  I took off her masked and kissed her forehead, even if she wasn't awake, I want her to know I loved her. 

I slept on the roof last night given I just wanted to protect her.  I couldn't sleep much though because I had so many feelings of love for her. 

The morning rolled around and I could hear y/n moving around so i got down and I went to look into her window to admire her but she looked in distress I almost went inside until she got up. 

She stood up and took the cloth off of her chest leaving her back bear and to the window.  I ended up admiring her quietly from the window.  She was changing he shirts but I couldn't stop staring at her back. 

Her back had muscles, I know she had to be strong to live here for so long.  But her back had a huge scratch onto it. It was healed but I could tell by the scaring that was a deep cut.  I felt so many emotions and I wanted to know how she got that. 

Break my sight from her back she turned a little showing her tones stomach and her arms, I've never realized just how many muscles she really had.  It was beautiful, she was beautiful.  But along the upper part of her stomach there was another scar.  She stood there for a second starting at it.

Were these from animal attacks?  They must of happened a long time ago but she had to of heal them on her own.  I can't imagine her being in pain.  I just want to hold her and kiss the scars away. 

Even with the scars, she's still beautiful.  Everything about her is amazing.  She changes her bottom after putting on her shirt, I don't get why she wear so many clothes but whatever she chooses. 

I let her have her space feeling a tad guilty for invading her privacy but I feel like I learned so much more about her.  She's stronger than I thought. 

Y/n pov

After getting dressed I'm still feeling panicked about the nightmare I had and I feel the need to find Neteyam.  I need to know he's okay. 

I step out of the lab with my mask and low and behold he's walking over to the door not making eye contact.  He was walking from the side that had my bedroom window on it.

Without even thinking I run over to him and hug him, like I physically needed to know he wasn't just a vision.  He hugged me back quickly.

"Hey are you okay," he asks and I can see everything that happened in the dream.

"I'm just glad you're okay" I tell him feeling him hugging me tighter.  After staying there a second I let myself down "I know you were spying on me" I say.  I didn't really know but his answer would prove it.

He looked shocked, yep I knew it.  But I wasn't mad just surprised. "No, no I wasn't". I looked at him deeper and he cracked, "okay I was but it was on acc-" I cut him off.

"It's fine, I'm not mad" I said smiling looking at him.  He seemed relieved but I could tell he wanted to ask me something. 

"How'd you get those scars," he asked and I lowered my head.  There was no point in lying to to him.

"The one on my back came from an animal.  It was a surprise attacks," I told him looking at him.  He nodded his head at me. 

"What about the one on your stomach," he asked and I wished he hadn't seen that one.  I said I had lived here unnoticed but I lied and I didn't want to tell him in fear of his reaction.

"You can't do anything if I tell you Neteyam, promise me," I was looking at him deeply and he opened his eyes wider, " I said promise me," I demanded.

"I promise love, what is it," he told me sincerely.

"I lied when I said no one knew I was here.  There were a couple guys who wondered into the forest and when they found me they freaked out and well, they did this to me," I said pulling up my shirt revealing the scar.  Neteyam reached his hand forward and lightly rubbed it.  I can see rage building up in him. 

"I don't know who they were and I couldn't even point them out now if I wanted to" I told him, "but I'm okay I'm still here," I grabbed his face and he just looked at me as if to say he was sorry. 

"An animal came and chased them away from me."  I told him

"Well if you ever find out who did it tell me and I'll deal with them." He said pulling me into a hug and kissing my head

I still think about how scared I was back them and now I'm not like that as much.  From then I learned I needed to hold my ground and confident. 

..........

So this was asked and I delivered.  I hope you enjoyed. I also am planning on writing in another thing someone asked so thank you for the ideas.  I'm trying to make her seem strong but vulnerable around Neteyam.  

Next chapter will be about what happened in the beginning of this one.