[Heart of Ice][Part 1]

Sitting in the flat in London, there was nothing interesting going on in your life. You were wasting your time earlier today, having arguments with your parent, your dearest mother, because you felt like a bitch today, and what's wrong with that? You decided that people don't appreciate you enough. 

You were sitting in your room, having got home about half an hour ago via train. Trying to write down some notes for tomorrow, as classes were about to begin, and college was actually going just fine, which you had not expected. You were passing your classes with flying colours, which meant you passed at all, you only prayed for such. 

You were sitting on your bed and listening to a playlist, with the song Alien Blues - Vundabar in the background of your small bedroom. It was a chilly night, your window (only one large window) was wide open allowing the cold to refresh your room which you had not been in for the past almost 24 hours. 

You were told you were rude today and need to cool off, in all honesty, you hated when you were the one who needed to cool off, you always thought of how come that you had to cool down, and nobody else around you? How was the fact 'some people were rude to you' fine, whilst you being rude was not? 

Was it because of your gender? You didn't know, you just knew that you're an adult, over 18 years old, and you were in college studying the shit you did not choose at all, nothing related to the hobbies you used to have in the past, so right now you were just wondering how the hell did you even get here? 

As the song switched from Alien Blues to Jealous by Eyedress, you sighed deeply, tying away on your laptop. It wasn't until a message popped up on your phone, making you look at it, once you did, it did surprise you, it was Dio. You frowned, he never texted you at such time, it was 8 pm, and typically he was still in college, working away, since he was a little older, he kind of held lectures, so you were taken aback. 

[DIO]: "Hey, got a second for a call?" 

You looked at the message, he texted you over Instagram, as per usual, you weren't exactly too overjoyed by the fact, but what else could you do. You called him up. The phone was ringing for a while, before you heard the man pick up. 

"Hey, how are you, doll?" he asked with that assertive tone of his, it made you roll your eyes in an instant, "What do you need me that is so important, Brando?" you asked, and he went silent for a moment, before answering, "Always straight to the point, aren't you, doll?" when you didn't answer him, you heard him sigh deeply, "I was just calling to hear from you, you know I missed you while working." he said. 

"You realize, you're breaking the rules by talking to your own student." you said, he seemingly got upset by this, but you knew him well enough that he didn't care too much for that. "Doll, you're still my friend, regardless of you being a student and me being a professor, we met before you came to this college. I don't see why you use this to get away from talking to me. I know I fucked up, but you shouldn't be this harsh..." 

You looked out through the window, and ignored him for a short while, perhaps five minutes as After Dark began to play in the background on your laptop, your back was hurting by now, since you were sitting on your bed, and not laying down. "Look, doll, I just wanted to ask you how has your day been, and wish you good night. I'm off from work early today, and I wanted to ask you when I get off early tomorrow if you're interested in going out to the movies." 

You frowned, he's been... a handful for the last couple of weeks, no, months even. You had been denying him since you were in a student-professor relationship now, and you didn't feel like breaking the rules. It was hard for the both of you to break up so suddenly, but, you knew he couldn't be with you, and you couldn't be with him any longer, because it would have seemed like the two of you were cheating the system. 

"You know my answer by now, Dio. The answer is no." you said, and he went completely silent for the moment. "Very well, you know I won't stop asking you, however, I think you'd enjoy a small hangout to relax." he said, to which you rolled your eyes, "Sure thing, when the pigs fly, Dio. Good night." you said as you ended the call. Meanwhile... Dio on the other side sighed deeply, puffing a small cloud of smoke from his mouth, a deep sigh he kept repeating made him feel sadder every time he did it.  

"What has become of us...? Y/n... what has become of us indeed..." he thought as he kept smoking his cigarette, the sound of fading music as he finally entered a café, sitting at the back. A waiter walked up and greeted him, "Evening, sir, what can I get for you?" 

Dio smiled, thinking back to when you two used to get hot cocoa together, so he ordered exactly that. "A hot cocoa please and some water." he said. And the waiter nodded, "I'll be right back with your drink, sir." he said and left, leaving Dio with his thoughts. He thought back to the happy times when the two of you would sit in a café, order hot cocoa, and you'd choke Dio with how your day has been, and nag him until he himself also told you how did his day go. 

He missed these tender moments. You made him feel like a person, like a human being worth love and cherishing. But now... he sat in the café across from your building, and he sighed, wishing he wasn't here, at least not alone. The song, Freaks by Surf Curse, playing in the background of the café, he knew the owner, he always played this playlist, and the two of you always came here because it was an almost aesthetic playlist. 

Suddenly, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he took it out and looked at it, hoping it was a message from you, only to be disappointed. However, what he didn't expect was... when he opened the message, he felt shivers down his spine, it wasn't from you, but the person who sent him a message seemed to have something very creepy to say. 

[???]: "If you wish to see your dear friend again, you need to meet us at the XXXXXXX address, no police, no money, the only thing we want is you, get here and save your friend... or suffer the consequences."

Dio's eyes widened, and he panicked for a moment, before looking at the waiter and the bartender chuckling to themselves, they seemed... innocent at first... but something felt off... something ... felt really off...

...TO BE CONTINUED...?