[Lonely...]

Walking down the street, the sound of bells could be heard, echoing through the busy city. Around him were young couples, chatting and having a good time among themselves. One couple would be sharing sweets in a café, another would be drinking fancy drinks in a bar.

And yet he... He stood there in the middle of it all, without a better half of his own. "Lonely... Tsk tsk tsk, as if I need an insolent female to make me happy. I'm better off on my own." — he growled as he walked away from the town square.

Even along the other streets that led away from the city, he could see couples having fun, sharing little signs of affection. Dio wasn't exactly the romantic type, and maybe this was the reason he hated his adoptive family, his brother Jonathan especially.

Jonathan had a sweetheart, Erina. And he... he was lonely. Even if he didn't dare to admit it, he felt quite lonely. However, on the other side of the city, with Erina was a young girl, with beautiful burgundy coloured hair, and a set of beautiful golden-coloured eyes.

Her name was Y/n, Y/n L/n. Wearing a beautiful yellow dress, she walked along until she and Erina reached the meadows. "Look Y/n! There's Jonathan!" — she said happily, making you frown slightly, "Ah, I see, I'll see you later then, Erina." — you said, about to leave when she suddenly turned around and took your hand, "Come along now!"

You rolled your eyes, seeing that Erina wasn't going to let go now, "Erina, I said I am leaving, you cannot and will not make me meet your sweetheart so that you see me frown even more!" — you frowned at her, making her gasp, "I get it, Erina, I am alone! But I shall stay alone because I am better off that way!"

Like the wind, you left her, not even noticing that someone was watching, but you couldn't give a damn about it. "Why the long face?!" — you heard a male's voice, making you stop dead in your tracks, your eyes filled with tears, "Why the long face? I'm lonely, is all." — you smirked as you turned around.

The boy you saw made you gasp, the way he looked at you, almost as if you had been dreaming about meeting a boy just like him. "Shall we?" — he offered you his hand, and hesitantly you reached out, only to pull your hand back, "What's the catch?" — you asked, making the boy chuckle, "There is no catch. I am real, sweet thing." — this made you blush,

had anyone before called you such a nickname? You couldn't remember a time when a boy actually pursued you. It was as if the rest of the world merely disappeared the moment you decided to give him your hand. You watched him, he took your hand, but he seemed lost in your golden-coloured eyes.

You both were hypnotized by one another, just looking at each other with what seemed like curiosity. "You said..." — he began, he licked his lip from how nervous he seemed, "... that you are lonely." — he said, making you nod,

"Indeed. I said I am... what of it?" — you asked, in the time that you were intently staring at one another, Jonathan and Erina were curiously watching from the distance.

"I, too, am lonely." — said Dio, merely causing you to blush, all your senses were telling you to shoo him off, and tell him to stop lying. But for some reason, this boy, this strange boy... he sounded as if he was telling the truth.

You listened to his voice, his voice alone, made your heart begin to beat fast, causing the ice which formed around it to melt, why did he have such an effect on you? Why did he make you feel so giddy? Why were you afraid to show him how you truly felt at this very moment?

"You... you're just like..." — you stopped yourself, and you began to tear up, "Forget it..." — you began walking away, but the moment you felt someone pull on your hand, you looked back to see him, "Just like... who?" — he looked at you, curiosity and confusion written all over his face.

You sighed, "Just like me..." — you looked at him, causing him to smile, "How about we make a bet?" — he asked, making you grin, "What sort of bet?" — you asked him, he chuckled, "How about we meet up tomorrow afternoon. If I don't show up, you get to marry someone else, but if you don't show up, I have to marry someone else." — he smirked, making your eyes widen,

"What sort of bet is that?" — you asked him, he sighed, "One that will ensure we will be together." — your eyes widened with surprise, "Because you seem like a soulmate... to me that is..." — he said, making you blush brightly, and during this whole time, Erina was crying as Jonathan held her, it took only a couple of moments and you and Dio were already sparkling.

"Deal." — you said before stealing a kiss from him and running off, leaving him there, "See you tomorrow! As sharp as nine in the morning!" — you chuckled as you ran off, your beautiful hair floating in the air as Dio seemed starstruck. He watched you run off, "Oh Jojo, this is wonderful!" — Erina wiped her tears as she saw Dio snap out of his trance.

He looked down to see a ring, his eyes seemed to fill with tears, he looked back up but the moment he wiped his tears, he walked off. His fear, the loneliness. It would all finally come to an end, only if he made it, at nine o'clock sharp.

He went home and thought what he should wear, but then realized that he was getting over-excited, he wished his mother was here to lead him. He sighed as he finally realized, he got addicted, from just one stolen kiss. One kiss.

He couldn't even sleep that evening, he was too excited, he decided to get ready beforehand, but as he did, he thought he was getting too excited once more. He shook his head, sitting in his bed. Looking at the clock.

He wanted it to be time so badly, so badly in fact, that he decided to sleep. Even though he woke up every once in a while. When the time finally came, it was around 7 o'clock. And he got up. He was able, despite him being tired. He got up and out of the house.

He ran because when he looked he saw it was already 8. Not only that, but he needed to be there soon.

Maybe you wouldn't appear, or perhaps he would be too late to catch you. As he was nearing the tree where you promised to meet one another, you saw him running up to you, "You made it!" — you shouted to him, making him run faster, "Just a little more! You can do it!"

When he finally reached you, he picked you up by your waist and twirled you around, "It was a bet after all!" — he said, huffing and trying to catch his breath, "Come along now." — you chuckled as you led him to the river.

"Here, Erina gave me these, she believed they will be fine for you." — you said, and when he saw the swimsuit, he looked up only to see you undo your dress and show your body in the swimsuit you had.

You were blushing as you and Dio went on to have a lot of fun at the riverside, smiling as you held hands. You both just held one another in the water as you were both happy that you wouldn't be lonely ever again.

The End