Chapter 8 Snow White

Narrated by Kaylee

     Aubrey and I were taking a ramble through the forest. Suddenly, I spotted a poster that was nailed to a tree with a drawing of a woman's face. The poster read WANTED in big, black, bold letters then SNOW WHITE for crimes against the Queen: For MURDER, TREASON, TREACHORY. We stared at each other, feeling very angered. I ripped the "wanted" poster off the tree, crumpled it up, and threw it aside. "That's a lie!" I exclaimed. "I know that Snow White isn't any of that. I wonder what the queen could be hunting her down for, unless it is like in the fairy tale story, Snow White being the fairest of them all. At least Grumpy warned her about the queen's intention to poison her."

     A moment later, we heard the sound of voices and the thumping of hooves in the distance. "Oh dear, that's not good," Aubrey said with a nervous gulp. "Those are probably the queen's guards or knights either after us or Snow White. We better run." We instantly made a run for it and searched out a place to hide. I felt my heart race rapidly. Last thing we wanted was to be in the queen's dungeon again, or far worse, killed.

     Suddenly, to our greatest terror, black-suited knights on black horses came into view. Upon seeing us, they pointed to us and shouted to each other, "There they are, the thieves!" They sped up their horses into a full gallop in an effort to capture us. The black knights got so close to us, then one of them reached down in an attempt to pull me up onto his horse. But instead of letting him, I yanked him down, which took him by surprise, off of his horse then jumped up onto his horse. I galloped toward Aubrey just as a knight was reaching down to grab her.

     "Aubrey, get on!" I yelled, which distracted the knight momentarily. I flanked her other side and reached my hand down. She quickly took a hold of it, and I and pulled her up. We raced away with the black knights after us.

     After craning my neck to see how close the knights were, unexpectedly, arrows were shot, and many knights fell dead off of their horses. Then the horses tore away. Aubrey saw the occurrence as well. But we didn't see anyone who had taken the knights out, which confused us. We halted the horse we were riding and got off, glancing around in search for the person who saved us. It was until we saw a young woman dressed in bandit's attire, climbing down a tree, that we realized who saved us. She had a bow in hand with a packet of arrows on her back. She faced us with a smiling nod. She was very beautiful; she had black hair, blue eyes, and blood-red lips. That's the woman I saw in the tree, I thought to myself, and she saved us. Aubrey, as it seemed, realized that as well as she glanced at me. We approached her. "Thank you for saving us," I said with appreciation. "Who are you?"

     "You are welcome," she returned. "My name is Snow White. It seems that I am not the only victim of the Evil Queen. Why does she hunt you two down? What could she possibly have against poor, little children like yourselves? How ruthless she is!" Snow exclaimed with a sad shake of her head.

     "Snow White, Grumpy told us about you; we are a friend of him." I said. "And my name is Kaylee, and this is my sister, Aubrey. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. Thank you again. We would probably be back in the Evil Queen's dungeon if it weren't for you."

     "I'm glad Grumpy made some new friends," Snow replied warmly and shook our hands. "I am very happy to have met his friends. So, what are you doing all the way out here alone? Where are your parents, and why does Regina hunt you down? You poor things," she added with much concern.

     "It's a long story," Aubrey replied. As we walked with Snow, we told the whole story of how we arrived in the Enchanted Forest as well as our servitude to Rumpelstiltskin, meeting Grumpy in the queen's dungeon, why the queen was hunting us down, and finally how we found the sword of Nayu and destroyed the urn with it.