Chapter 37 The Holy Grail

Narrated by Kaylee

      "Some of us should stay back just in case a war breaks out," Merida pointed out. "I, for one, will stay to ensure protection of my people; for DunBroch could be left in a vulnerable state if I left."

     "You have a good point, Merida," Snow remarked. "We cannot all go, only some of us can. I will stay here."

     "Alright, let's all decide," Merida said, nodding.

     It was decided that Lancelot, Hook, David, Neal, Regina, Aubrey, and I would go, and the rest would stay back. We would leave by tomorrow. Early the next morning, we loaded up a Scottish vessel with food, water, and supplies needed for our trip then said our farewells at the water's shore. David and Snow kissed, and Snow murmured to him, "Come back to me soon."

     "I promise you that we will see each other before you know it," David reassured as he put her hands into his.

     "And I will be waiting for your return," Snow replied with a loving gaze. She then turned to Aubrey and me and gave us a hug. "Oh, I'm going to also miss your faces," she said to us.

     We smiled. "We'll miss you too, Snow," I replied.

     "Stay safe, Regina," Cora said as she kissed Regina's forehead.

     Regina then turned to her sister and said with a grin, "I'll probably even miss you too, Sis."

     Zelena rolled her eyes playfully and replied sarcastically, "Oh please, sure you will."

     We all stepped into the Scottish ship, and everyone waved to us as we sailed away. Aubrey and I leaned onto the side of the ship and gazed at the rising sun in the horizon that cast its reflection onto the rippling waves. I breathed in the salty air and watched the sea gulls circle the sky. Hook, as I could tell, was enjoying being out at sea again. He studied the map to the Holy Grail's location very carefully as he navigated the ship. Neal then joined his side. "Brings me back good memories of when you taught me how to sail back in Neverland," he said to Hook.

     "Aye, you surprisingly picked it up fast, being a landlubber," Hook returned with a grin. "Do you still remember anything that I taught you, Mate?"

     "I believe I still do," Neal replied. "Let me take control of the wheel and see how well I remember my skills."

     "Sure thing," Hook replied, stepping back. He watched Neal Navigate the ship. "You were born for the sea, Mate," he complemented.

     "I just had a good teacher," Neal returned.

     It was nice to see the old friends bond again, and it put a smile on my face. Suddenly, Aubrey said, sounding worried, "I hope Arthur did not get to the Holy Grail first. The last thing I want to come back to is a ravaged village."

     "Hopefully we will beat Arthur to the Grail," I returned.

     Aubrey then leaned closer to me, and we watched the sunrise together. Later during that day, the sun suddenly hid behind dark, formidable clouds, and a slight wind started to stir. Then the sound of thunder was heard which caught all of our attention. We all grimly stared up at the sky, and a cold feeling crept through me. "Bloody hell, it appears a storm is brewing," Hook said darkly. "Batten down the hatches everyone!" he commanded.

     Rain started to shower down on us, and the wind grew stronger by the minute. Violent waves thrashed forcefully against the ship, causing it to rock. We all started to panic, had a hard time maintaining our balance, and we clung onto the side of the ship. The waves were growing larger and more sinister by the moment, and Hook had a difficult time steering the ship. I prayed and hoped the storm would pass very soon. The rain became very heavy, nearly blinding all of us, and the sea roared. I was knocked to the ground and fell to one side of the ship, bumping my head very hard. Aubrey rushed over to me and asked if I was okay, and I said that I was. I was too distracted to think about the pain I felt since I was scared that our vessel would be shredded in this monstrous storm. Suddenly, an immense form shot up from the sea, surprising all of us so much that we all fell to the ground. This sea creature waved its long tentacles and made a piercing screech.