Chapter 45 Love and Courage

Narrated by Kaylee

     Once Snow and David got their castle up and running again, a few weeks later, they held a big celebration of returning home, and all the Enchanted Forest residents were invited, including kings, queens, princes, and princesses from neighboring kingdoms. The castle was decorated and prepared, and soon many guests started to arrive. Snow and David received each person warmly. The kingdom was so packed, and so many people and carriages kept arriving. We soon all feasted merrily. The guests then gathered in the ballroom after the feast was done. Snow introduced Aubrey and me to her good friends from other kingdoms. They were Princess Aurora and Prince Philip, and Princess Cinderella and Prince Thomas. We were delighted to meet them. Ariel befriended so many people that night, and I was not surprised. Afterall, she was fun to be around, she was a very talkative person, and she had a likeable personality. Snow also introduced Ariel to Belle and Rumpelstiltskin. Belle looked so beautiful in her yellow ballgown, and I never saw Rumpelstiltskin look so handsome. I asked Belle if they were living in Rumpelstiltskin's fortress, and she told me that they were. Belle had plans to lighten up the dreary place to make it a comfortable place to call home. I asked Rumpelstiltskin if Neal was living with them, and he replied that he was for the time being. I looked over and saw that Neal had met someone and had offered her a dance with him. That was when I knew Neal would not remain single forever.

     Regina was getting punch from the punch bowl, and suddenly, when she turned around, she bumped into a man and ended up spilling punch on her gown. "Oh dear, I'm so sorry, my lady; please let me take care of that," the kind man said, taking out a handkerchief, and he awkwardly started to wipe the punch stain off her dress.

     For a moment, they locked gazes, then Regina quickly replied, "It's okay, I can take care of that." She magically transformed the punch-soaked gown into a clean gown. "There, that's better."

     "Why, you did a better job than I would have done," he remarked amusingly. "I see you have magic."

     "Yes, it sure comes in handy," Regina replied.

     There was momentary, awkward silence, then the gentleman spoke quickly. "Oh, goodness, forgive me for not properly introducing myself. I am Robin Hood of Locksley. It's a pleasure, my lady." He then kissed her hand. "You must be Regina, the queen."

     "Well, yes, I'm sure you have not heard very good stories about me," Regina replied awkwardly. "I'm not the Evil Queen anymore. I've changed."

     "You need not worry, Your Highness," he replied. "I know you're not her anymore. Your good friends Snow and David informed the people that you are not to be feared, that you are indeed now an honorable, selfless woman. I heard nothing but great things about you, Regina."

     Regina let out a smile and a blush then replied, "Well, thank goodness I can finally put the Evil Queen in the past. I was so certain once I returned, I would still be the Evil Queen to the people who never got caught in the curse."

     "Well, now you can finally put her behind you," Robin replied, smiling. Their gazes locked again. "Now, would you do me the honors and have this dance with me, Your Highness?" he asked, bowing while extending a hand.

     "I would like that," she replied, taking his outstretched hand, and he led her to the dance floor.

     "By the way, welcome back to the Enchanted Forest," Robin said as they waltzed.

     "Thanks," Regina replied with a grin. "It's good to be back. So, tell me a little about yourself."

     "Well, first of all, I'm a thief---" he began as he spun her around.