Chapter 43 The Final Battle

Narrated by Kaylee

     Prince Naveen sailed to his own kingdom of Maldonia of the southern seas, and he immediately informed his people of the dark wizard's return. Then he sailed to Camelot to warn King Lancelot that Zophar had become Corbenic's new king which would give the dark wizard the advantage to attack Camelot once again. Prince Naveen was aware of the turmoil Camelot had been facing with the dark wizard. Once he arrived in Camelot, he immediately informed Lancelot about the news, and Lancelot greatly respected the young prince for warning him about this, and he invited him for dinner.

     We all recognized this prince Naveen from the time he was singing and playing his ukulele outside Tiana's restaurant. Hook wasn't too keen on the idea of having him for dinner because he saw this man as being arrogant from the start. We all could not deny the fact that Hook was jealous because he had feelings for Tiana, and lately, we were noticing chemistry between him and her. At dinner, Naveen could not keep his eyes off Tiana and would continually smile and wink at her, but Tiana would just look away and roll her eyes. Hook eyed the prince coldly for the whole time.

     "So, how is your business going?" Naveen casually asked Tiana.

     "I wouldn't bring it up, Prince," Hook said coldly.

     "Excuse me?" Naveen questioned.

     "I lost my restaurant," Tiana replied solemnly. "It was burned to the ground during the Corbenic attack."

     "I am greatly sorry about that, Tiana," Naveen replied sympathetically. "I knew how much that restaurant meant to you, and I will do all in my power to have it rebuilt. I would do anything to make you happy."

     "I know what you're doing, and it's not working," Tiana retorted. "You're trying to win me back. Thank you, Naveen, I appreciate you wanting to help, but Lancelot has so kindly offered to fund my new restaurant for me."

     "Then at least come to my kingdom with me where you can be protected for the time being," Naveen urged. "Please, at least think about it."

     "If you are asking me to come crawling back to you, I will respectfully decline," Tiana replied. "Thank you, but I'm good where I am."

     "Don't push her, Prince," Hook chimed in harshly. "You can't always have what you want. You clearly know that she wants nothing to do with you after the way you have treated her."

     "And you think you have a chance with her, you lowly seaman?" Naveen shot back.

     "I'm not the one who hurt her!" Hook shouted.

     "I am the one who can protect her and can offer her so much more!" Naveen shouted back.

     "Stop!' Tiana yelled.

     Hook and Naveen at once stopped their quarreling.

     "Look at you both!" said Tiana with dismay. "You are acting like children! If you'd excuse me, I'm not hungry." She then stood up and left.

     "Happy with yourselves?" Regina said, shooting the two embarrassed men a glare.

     "Tiana, Love, I'm sorry," Hook said, starting to get up.

     "Give her time to herself," Regina said, stopping him.

     "I'm a bloody jerk; I need to apologize to her," Hook said regretfully.

     "I suppose I am as well," Naveen added shamefully.

     "We both are, Mate," Hook returned.