Chapter 21 Agrabah

Narrated by Aubrey

     We abruptly landed onto hot sand. "NO, NO, NO!" I yelled with distress. We were in the middle of a desert that stretched endlessly.

     "This can't be happening!" Kaylee exclaimed with panic.

     "I believe I heard the Evil Queen say she was sending us to Agrabah, and that's where it looks like we are right now," I said with distress.

     "Why does it have to exist!" Kaylee cried out, letting out an exasperated sigh. "We are screwed! Now how are we ever going to get back to the Enchanted Forest? Only if we never went in search for that orb at that time then none of this would have happened!"

     "Let's not lose hope yet," I said, trying to feel optimistic, and I released some of my anger. "Remember, we are prophesied to stop the curse, so that must mean we will find a way back to the Enchanted Forest."

     "Let's just hope you're right," Kaylee responded irritably.

     "Come on, we need to start moving so we can find civilization," I said. "We have a long way to go since we are in the middle of nowhere."

     We began our travel and randomly decided to head north, hoping to find luck. Soon, a light breeze stirred, blowing sand toward our direction. The sun beat down hard on us, making us perspire a lot, and there were barely any trees for shade. Our throats grew very dry, and our lips became parched, then we grew extremely thirsty. We kept thinking we saw water when really, they were mirages. We began to panic, very afraid that we might never find water anywhere, and I was worried we might pass out soon. We were so exhausted and prayed that God would lead us to water, then our prayers were soon answered when we finally found a small oasis. Water never tasted so good in my life, and it revived us. I wished I had a flask with me to fill it up with water; for I didn't know how long we had to go and when we would find another oasis. After washing in the water and cooling ourselves down, we continued our way. Glancing up at the sky, I saw hawks circling around in search for prey, and it made me wish we had pixie dust right now to fly.

     After another hour, suddenly, we saw a camel with a rider in the distance, and we grew relieved. There was our hope. Running toward the camel and waving our arms wildly, we shouted multiple times, "Wait!"

     Finally, the camel stopped, and we quickly caught up. This rider was a middle eastern-looking man who looked exactly like a nomad since he wore a loose-fitting, white robe, and a cloth turban was on his head. "Can I help you?" he asked in a thick accent. I was so relieved he could speak English.

     "We want to know where to find the nearest town or city," I replied, huffing and puffing since I was still out of breath from running.

     "You will find the city of Agrabah just five miles north from here," replied the nomad. "I'm actually going there myself. You are more than welcome to accompany me."

     I was very thankful that we had been going the right direction from the start. And if we had chosen to go another direction, I knew we would have probably gotten lost. "Thank you very much," I said, then we followed him.

     Later, a vast city came into view, and it was certainly breath-taking. A colossal structure in the center of the city really stood out since it was the largest and most magnificent building in the whole city. It reminded me of the Taj Mahal and looked like the palace where the Sultan lived in the movie, Aladdin. This structure was truly remarkable, and Kaylee was also awed by it. But just so I was sure that the Sultan lived there, I asked the nomad.

     "It is indeed the Sultan's palace," replied the nomad.

     "Does the Sultan have a daughter?" I asked, wondering if the answer would be Jasmine.