Chapter 12 "Surprise!"

Narrated by Aubrey

     Regina was potion-making when she heard a voice from behind her say, "Hello, Sis. Missed me?"

     "Zelena," Regina responded with a stern yet surprised tone as she turned around. "What are you doing here, Sis?"

     "Oh, I thought I'd just stop by to say hello," Zelena replied. "Surprise! It's been quite a long time, Sis. You don't look too thrilled to see me. Where's the welcome?"

     Regina was not convinced. "Go back to Oz," she demanded. "What do you really want, Zelena? I know full well that you aren't here for a friendly visit," she added coolly.

     Zelena scowled and replied ill temperedly, "I am here for my revenge!"

     "Sorry, Sis, but threats won't intimidate me," Regina responded sharply.

     "Oh, I don't mean revenge on you," Zelena replied. "I'm not focused on that right now."

     "Then who?" Regina questioned, surprised.

     "I'm after two, little miscreants, twin girls about twelve to be exact, around this height---" Zelena explained indignantly.

     "Oh, I know exactly who they are," Regina interrupted, grinning maliciously. "Ironically, I too seek revenge on those little thieves. It looks like we both share a common foe."

     "I guess we do then," Zelena returned with an evil grin of satisfaction.

     "Just curious, but what did they do to you?" questioned Regina.

     "They betrayed me back in Oz!" Zelena whined. "They will pay for what they have done, and I mean pay! Traitors don't get away that easily from me!"

     "Are you telling me the twins were in Oz?" Regina questioned, surprised.

     "Yes, that's what I said, and what about it?" Zelena responded irritably.

     "I'm just curious of how they ended up there, that's all," Regina replied. "It's not easy finding a way to that realm. Anyway, why have you come to me, Sis?" she questioned suspiciously.

     "Because I wanted to know if you knew where they are staying," Zelena replied, scowling. "Now that you also desire revenge, I'm sure you won't mind telling me," she added with a malicious smile.

     "I don't know where they are staying," Regina replied.

     "You're lying!" Zelena fired back angerly. "You're just saying that because you don't want to help me! I get it now! I should have not bothered coming here in the first place!"

     "I'm not lying, Zelena," Regina responded coolly. "I really have no idea where they are staying now. They were staying at Rumpelstiltskin's fortress for a while, but they ran off after and took refuge somewhere else, but I don't know where. Trust me, I've been hunting them down for quite a while now but still have not located them."

     Zelena returned a skeptical expression and replied with a grumble, "I shall first look at the Dark One's fortress then. I will not rest until they suffer!"

     "How about a cocktail?" Regina offered.

     "Yes, I really could use one, and make that extra gin," Zelena responded, her anger suffusing.

     It was a week after Dorothy's disappearance. Kaylee and I decided to go fishing at the brook. We munched on juicy, red apples that we had picked from an apple tree nearby, and as I was about to take a bite out of my second apple, suddenly, to my utter surprise, the apple vanished from my hand. "What the!" I exclaimed, dumbfounded, and I exchanged a very confused and shocked glance with Kaylee who also saw what had happened. Just then, we heard a familiar voice from behind us that alarmed us, and we realized it was who we dreaded to hear, the Wicked Witch. We quickly turned around with terror and stood up in defense mode.