Chapter 29 Time Travel

Narrated by Aubrey

     I studied the instructions to the time travel spell which Mr. Gold had turned into English, but I was stumped on something. "Mr. Gold," I said, bringing the spell book over to him. "There's this part I'm still trying to understand. It says here that the sword's power will reveal the secret within the urn, so do you know what that exactly means?"

     "Read closer," Mr. Gold replied. "What do you think it means, Deary?"

     I read the sentence repeatedly, still trying to understand, then something inside me told me that I would find my answer inside the Once Upon a time Book. "Kaylee, I need to see the book really quick," I said, then she passed it over. I quickly flipped through the pages until I landed on the page called, Aubrey and Kaylee Destroyed the Urn with the Sword of Nayu. This page had an illustration of Kaylee and me holding the sword of Nayu, and we had just destroyed the urn which was shown as a pile of sand in the illustration, just what we remembered the urn became after destroying it. I studied the illustration closely, then suddenly, something in it caught my eye. When I had looked very closely at the pile of sand illustration, I saw what appeared to be part of a tiny key sticking up from the pile, and it blended well in it, making it hard to spot at first. "Kaylee, look," I said, pointing at the image of the key part. "Does that look like what I think it does?" Then I saw her expression quickly change into curiosity.

     "Like a key?" Kaylee finished, beaming with delight.

     "Exactly!" I replied. "That could explain what was meant by the sword's power being able to reveal the secret within the urn, and that secret ingredient must be the magic portal key! That's it! We just have to use the sword to destroy the urn again in order to get the key! That's the only way." I beamed, feeling very successful. "Thanks to this book!"

     "So that's why those specific objects were needed in the spell... because the urn had the key inside it, and the sword of Nayu can destroy the urn, thus being able reveal the secret ingredient inside the urn, the key!" Kaylee said excitedly. "So really all we need for this time travel spell is the key and the Once Upon a Time book.

     "Very clever indeed," Mr. Gold remarked. "I knew you two would figure it out."

     Kaylee and I hugged for joy, feeling triumphant. "Now we have an urn to destroy," I said with confidence.

     Mr. Gold took out the sword and the urn and handed them to us, then with his magic, he appeared us, along with himself, into the middle of the woods. We needed to do this in a quiet, safe area. I placed the urn on the ground, then together holding the sword, Kaylee and I, with all our might, stabbed the urn. Then suddenly, a powerful force emitted and caused us to fall backwards just like last time, and this knocked the wind out of us. Kaylee grimaced in pain, groaning. "I forgot that would happen," she said, then we both burst into laughter. Recovering from the shock, we stood up and went over to the sand pile that used to be the urn. I dug through it, then my hand touched something metal, and I took the metal thing out of the sand. To our great delight, it was the key, and we did a leap for joy.

     "Well done," Mr. Gold said with a grin.

     "We are ready," I said, then Mr. Gold set the Once Upon a Time book on the ground.

     "And I think you will figure out the rest," he said.

     I opened the book and flipped through the pages then landed on a page with an illustration of Kaylee and me in the Enchanted Forest, which was titled, Aubrey and Kaylee return from Agrabah. "Here," I said, pointing, "this is the time we need to go to." We were already beginning to feel extremely nervous since we were actually going to go back in time, something I thought was impossible.