Chapter 22 Jafar

Narrated by Kaylee

     "Then we will get the genie lamp back from Jafar," said Aladdin. "That snake is bound to wish for more power, or worse, to become the most powerful sorcerer in the world."

     "Light magic will still overpower him despite if he does become the most powerful sorcerer in the world," I pointed out. "Because light magic, no matter how powerful dark magic is, will always overpower it."

     "That's why you two, young lasses, are Agrabah's only hope," Aladdin replied. "Maybe fate sent you here for a good reason. Now, I need to warn Princess Jasmine and the Sultan quickly; for Jafar will most likely target the throne first. He could do something bad to them!" He looked fearful. "We must leave at once!" We all got onto our horses and tore away.

     It was a day's journey, and we arrived back at the village by night. Aladdin offered that we come along so that we would have the opportunity to meet both Jasmine and the Sultan. We reached the Sultan's Palace, and it was magnificent. After dismounting our horses, we climbed the stairs that led up to the entrance, and Aladdin knocked. The door was locked, and there was no answer. This worried Aladdin. "Jafar could be here!" he exclaimed fearfully. "I need to check on them to make sure they are okay. I'm headed to Jasmine's balcony." He then quickly descended the stairs and headed toward a tree then quickly climbed it until he jumped from the tallest branch onto a lavish balcony. "Jasmine!" he called, but there was no answer.

     We nervously climbed the tall tree too, and Aladdin stood looking over the balcony with outstretched hands, ready to grab our hands and help us over. He reassured us that we wouldn't fall and that we could trust him, so we did. We reached out our hands and grabbed his, and he helped us over. We walked through an overhanging, silk curtain that led into Jasmine's room which was large and lavish. Jasmine was nowhere in sight. We followed Aladdin through the palace, and he desperately called for them. "We should check the dungeon just in case Jafar locked them up," Aubrey suggested.

     "Good idea," Aladdin replied, and we followed him down a stone passageway of stairs that led into the dungeon. Suddenly, we stopped short, for we saw Jasmine and the Sultan both locked in a cell, bound in chains and with a cloth in each of their mouths. Jafar was also there, speaking to them. Upon sighting us, they let out muffled cries, restlessly fighting the chains.

     "Jasmine! Sultan!" cried Aladdin. "Let them go, Snake!" he demanded.

     "And why would I do that, Street rat?" Jafar replied scornfully, fixing him a sinister gaze. "They will rot here on the account of Princess Jasmine's stubbornness, her refusal to marry me."

     "She will never marry you!" Aladdin roared furiously as he took out his pocketknife and attempted to attack Jafar. But he was immediately shot at by Jafar's cobra staff, being thrown backwards against the wall. Then he was knocked out. Aubrey and I ran over to him.

     Jasmine let out a very loud muffled cry, and Abu screeched and flung himself at Jafar, but Jafar forcefully threw the angry monkey off him, and it hastily scurried away out of the dungeon. "Stupid monkey," he said. He then opened the cell holding both Jasmine and the Sultan and walked over to them. "Now listen, Princess. You will marry me if you want me to spare your father, your precious street rat, and all Agrabah," he threatened, leaning in closely and grabbing her chin. "So, make the wise and selfless choice, Princess." Jasmine resisted him and looked away.

     "Let them go!" I demanded, standing up boldly. "Or you will have to deal with us."

     Jafar turned his sinister gaze onto Aubrey and me. Then he walked out of the cell and locked the door. "We meet again," he said to us with a smirk. "What a lovely surprise." Then he let out an exaggerated and sarcastic gasp. "Oh dear, oh my, I'm so afraid, someone save me." He laughed scornfully then ended with a dark scowl. "You made a mistake coming here, for you are walking to your death. I am now the most powerful sorcerer in the world, undefeatable and invincible, so you little street mice stand no chance against me." He then threw us backwards against the wall. We regathered ourselves with strength flowing in our veins and retaliated. He then levitated me off the ground with his cobra staff then tossed me up to the ceiling, then after I fell to the ground, he threw me against the wall. I wasn't ready to give up, so I ignored my pain. We fought him so hard. He poured out his dark magic from his cobra staff, and we deflected his power with our light magic until our magic overpowered his. He looked fearful and roared in fury. "We will meet again, and I promise you that it will be your last," he ended, then he disappeared.