Chapter 19 A Weight to Shoulder

Narrated by Kaylee

(A Century Ago)

     A few years after Rumpelstiltskin became the Dark One, he visited a seer. "Tell me my future," he demanded the seer.

     "Your future, along with all of this realm, is destined to a horrible fate, a curse that will make all forget who they really are until two purehearted ones will stop the curse," she prophesied.

     "When will the purehearted ones come?" Rumpelstiltskin asked vehemently. "How will I know who they are?"

     "Time will tell," the seer replied.

     "What about my son, Baelfire. Will I be reunited with him again?" he eagerly asked.

     "I say what only should be said; seeing far into the future has its limits," she returned. Then she disappeared.

     "I will find these purehearted ones," he murmured to himself. 

Narrated by Aubrey (continued)

(Present Day)

     Three weeks later, Snow and David were going to get married, and they planned to do so in Snow's childhood castle, the Summer Palace, that had been vacant for a very long time. Snow had revealed to us that she was actually a princess and that her father, King Leopold, had married Regina when Snow was just ten years old after her mother, formerly Queen Eva, had passed away due to being ill. Ten years later, Snow's father was murdered by an anonymous person, leaving Snow left only with her stepmother, Regina, who finally showed Snow her true colors and became the Evil Queen. Her heart had darkened even more from being trained to use dark magic by Rumpelstiltskin, her former mentor. She desired revenge on Snow White for something Snow did when she was very young that had destroyed Regina's chance for true love and happiness. This caused Regina to be miserable which had darkened her heart and made her into a different person. And, in addition, Regina had been forced by her mother, Cora, to get married to Snow's father whom Regina did not love. After Snow's father passed, Snow escaped Regina's wrath and later found a new home with the seven dwarfs while the Evil Queen had a new castle built for herself. She abandoned the Summer Palace once her new castle was completed. Now the land was under her dark reign, and her life was dedicated to finding Snow and killing her. She would not give up until Snow's heart was in her hands.

     As soon as they got married, Snow and David were going to take over the Summer Palace and become king and queen, taking over Regina's power, but I knew Regina wouldn't give up the throne that easily, but they were ready to fight. This was so exciting, and I was so happy for them. I felt sorry for Regina and wished she could change and find her true happiness one day. That was the only answer for peace in the land.

     Today was the wedding, and lots of events had been planned such as a banquet and a ball. The whole village had been invited. Kaylee and I were asked to be Snow's maids of honor which we were really thrilled about. The wedding was held in the Royal Chapel, and Snow and David made their vows under a beautiful gazebo. Once they kissed, the huge audience clapped and cheered, and I saw the seven dwarfs throw up their hats with joy. It was such a happy time, but that ended when someone unexpected crashed it. Suddenly, the chapel doors abruptly flung open, startling and terrifying everyone, and gasps and cries were heard. There, at the end of the hall, stood the Evil Queen. Guards attempted to arrest her, but they were wildly flung back with a wave of her dark magic. She briskly walked through the hall toward the gazebo where the newlyweds stood. "Not a step closer!" David demanded angerly, taking up a sword and pointing it toward the queen.