Chapter 40 Destiny of the Purehearted

Narrated by Aubrey

     Later, Kaylee and I told Merlin our dreams, then Merlin said apprehensively, "Yes, your dreams are indeed prophetic, but the exact events you dreamed are really not going to occur except for battles of course. Those events are only symbolic of what is to come. As I foresaw the future of you two saving Camelot, these prophetic dreams are in no doubt associated. We cannot ignore the inevitable."

     Kaylee and I exchanged ominous glances, then I turned back to Merlin and asked, "Do you know how or if your brother's sword could be the key to Zophar's release?"

     "That, unfortunately, I cannot answer," Merlin replied, shaking his head. "My knowledge is limited to an extent. My brother's knowledge and power exceeded mine, but he never admitted it because he was such a humble man. I have always looked up to him because he inspired me. Really, he was the greatest wizard that ever existed in Camelot, but he made everyone think I was." Merlin grinned, shaking his head in thought. "What a brother he was; he was very special to me, and I am so proud to call him my brother. Any who, I'm getting off topic. Where was I? Ah, yes, now I remember. About my brother's sword... I do believe like you all that it is possible that Facilier desires the sword for the intent of releasing Zophar with its power. And it is likely he could be a relative to him. But let's not jump to conclusions yet."

     "Do you think if we just made sure that Facilier never got the sword, then perhaps we could prevent the grim future from coming?" questioned Hook.

     "Like going back to Storybrooke with the sword now," Zelena added.

     "I can't really say," Merlin replied with uncertainty.

     "Where do you think Zophar is trapped right now?" Neal curiously asked.

     "I believe he is trapped in the Dark Realm," replied Merlin, "a prison that is impossible to escape unless if one is able to use an immense amount of power to open a door to the realm. However, none have ever succeeded since it only takes light magic. But Facilier could be the first one to open a door to the realm if he got Nayu's sword," he added apprehensively. Merlin then turned his grim expression onto Kaylee and me and added, "It's time I tell you both what you need to know that I had foreseen. I never told you before because I did not want to burden you then and also because I didn't want to accept that it was true even though deep down, I knew it was." Then his face grew serious, and he began, "You two will face Zophar alone; for this will be your own battle to fight. It is your predetermined fate. In this prophesy I had a long time ago, it was said that two purehearted ones who master the sword of Nayu shall vanquish the dark wizard in the final battle."

     Kaylee and I cast each other fearful glances, then Regina said, sounding very upset and worried, "The twins don't die, do they?"

     "That is uncertain," said Merlin solemnly. "Foreseeing into the future has its limitations which means I can only see a little bit of it. All that I know is that Zophar will die since it is prophesied that Camelot will have restored peace after the final battle with him." Then he turned back to Kaylee and me. "You two are strong and brave despite your youth and small stature; not only that, but you also possess great potential. You are our only hope for saving Camelot."

     "Those two are always being burdened with dangerous prophesies," said Hook. "But I'm not surprised that they were prophesied to defeat Zophar. Afterall, they defeated Peter Pan."

     "Who's Peter Pan?" Lancelot asked.

     "It's a long story," replied Hook.

     "Whatever is to come, all we must do is hold onto hope because hope is one of the most powerful feelings next to love, which makes us strong," said Snow confidently.