Chapter 35 Merlin

Narrated by Kaylee

     It was breaking dawn. Arthur rose and entered the library. He took out a scroll written by Merlin, which had the ingredients on how to release him from his curse as a tree. He read it. All I need now is the blood of the finders of the sword of Nayu, he thought to himself. "Bring the young twins to me right away," he ordered two of his guards. "You will find them locked up in the highest room." The guards left then soon returned, informing Arthur that we were not there. This greatly angered him, and he forcefully smashed a vase, fury blazing in his eyes. "Find them and bring them to me!" he ordered. "Search every dwelling thoroughly. I expect that you won't fail me."

     The guards dipped their heads and left to search for us.

     We all startled awake when we heard pounding at the door. "For Pete's sake, why do I have to wake up to that dreadful pounding?" Zelena said irritably.

     "Everyone, stay quiet," Lancelot ordered. "Let me handle this."

     The pounding grew quicker and more abrupt by the second. "By the king's order, open up," a voice demanded from outside. "I know you're in there."

     Lancelot opened the door. "What do you come here for?" he coldly questioned the two guards. "You have no right to come pounding at my door at this hour, disturbing me."

     "We were sent here by King Arthur in search of young, twin girls," a guard replied. "Are they here?"

     "No, I have not seen them," Lancelot replied. "Now leave at once."

     "If what you say is true, then I'm sure you wouldn't mind if we searched your place," one of the guards returned.

     "As I said, I have not seen them, so they aren't here," said Lancelot. "You have no right to intrude my dwelling without my permission. Now begone!"

     "We will leave right after we finish our search," said the other guard. Then the two guards pushed their way past Lancelot and went into the cottage. They saw us all then unsheathed their swords. One of the guards turned to Lancelot with a chuckle and said:

     "I certainly see that the twins are long gone from here. You can't hide them from the king. That is treason. They are coming with us." He then pointed his sword at Aubrey and me.

     Arthur found out we escaped, and he probably knows that we exposed him, so he wants to capture us, I nervously thought to myself, casting Aubrey a nervous glance.

     "Why does Arthur want them?" David asked angerly. "What could he possibly want from them?"

     "The king didn't say," the guard replied. "Now, hand them over if you want to stay alive."

     "Never!" Snow replied indignantly. "They aren't going anywhere with you!"

     "You will not lay a hand on them," Regina said stridently as she formed a fireball in her hand. "You will have to go through us first." Both guards then fearfully dropped their swords. "No one especially messes with me." Regina then thrusted them backwards with her magic, they hit the wall, and were knocked out. "Well, I must say, that was quite fun," she added with a grin of triumph. "Now, who's ready to stop a king?"

     We rode to Arthur's castle and entered. Lancelot called for him, and he made an appearance. "Well, well, I wasn't expecting to see the whole party," Arthur said. "In fact, I only hoped to see those two," he added with a sinister gaze, pointing to Aubrey and me. We returned a bold and fearless gaze.

     "Well, apologies, Mate, but it looks like you have the whole crew," said Hook. "As I always say, the more the merrier."

     "Why have you sent for them?" Regina asked coldly, eyeing him suspiciously. "They are only children. Whatever you have planned for them isn't going to happen. You will have to deal with me first."