Chapter 33 The Wraith

Narrated by Aubrey

     Jefferson summoned Mr. Gold to the outside of his large house, using the dagger, and Mr. Gold said, "Well done. Now hand over my dagger, and you shall have your hat and revenge."

     "Why hand over this dagger if I can just use it to command you to give me my hat and to kill Regina. I never trusted you, Dark One, and I only agreed to your proposition simply because I already knew I could control you with it," Jefferson said with a smirk.

     Mr. Gold grew angry and replied, "You traitor! That's not what we agreed on!"

     "Oh, don't worry; you will get your dagger back once I'm finished with you," Jefferson replied. "So really, I'm not breaking the deal, only playing it the smart way by getting more out of it. Now first, I'm going to use this." Jefferson brought out a metal, golden medallion that was attached to a chain. Immediately, Mr. Gold grew wild with great surprise and alarm.

     "Where did you get that?" Mr. Gold demanded sharply.

     "I don't owe you an explanation," Jefferson retorted. "I see you know what this is. It's the wraith medallion, and I need you to release the darkest creature known to man, the wraith, also known as a soul-sucker, and only someone of great darkness such as yourself can summon the creature from this medallion. Then you are to brand the Evil Queen's hand with this medallion, so she will become the victim of the wraith."

     "Why release this dark creature when I can just kill Regina myself?" Mr. Gold questioned seriously.

     "Because where's the fun in that?" Jefferson replied with a malicious grin. "I want the pleasure of watching this creature hunt the queen down. Also, I want the whole town to pay, and I can make them pay by bringing fear to them."

     Jefferson set the medallion down onto the ground then commanded Mr. Gold to summon the creature. Once Mr. Gold did, suddenly, the wraith came out from it. Making a piercing shriek, it flew toward Storybrooke.

     As Regina was taking a walk near the docks of the bay, Mr. Gold appeared in front of her, and once she questioned why he was here, immediately, he levitated her with his magic and started to choke her. "Why are you doing this?" she questioned in a raspy voice since she was suffocating.

     "Sorry, Deary, I have no choice," he responded, then he approached her, grabbed her hand, then pressed the medallion onto it. Regina shrieked since the medallion was burning her hand. After he took it off, it left a brand mark. Then he released Regina, and she abruptly fell to the ground, heaving for air.

     "What did you do to me?" she croaked with fear, looking down at her branded hand.

     "Only sentenced you to a death fate," he replied. "Now enjoy your last moments alive, Deary, because you won't live much longer."

     Outside the diner, Kaylee and I saw Grumpy, followed by the other dwarfs, running through the streets, and he shouted in a wild frenzy, "TAKE COVER, EVERYBODY! THERE'S A DEADLY, SHADOW CREATURE OUT THERE!"

     Suddenly, we heard a very strange and chilling noise that sounding like a piercing screech. Then a moment later, to our great horror, we saw a fearsome-looking, foul, dark creature; and this creature looked exactly like a dementor from the movie, Harry Potter, but the only difference was that it had glowing, yellow eyes that I imagined could stare right into one's soul. I knew this shadowy creature came from a different realm, and I wondered how it got here. Soon the whole town saw it and were roused up into wild hysteria; screams were heard from all the people. Many people immediately ran into buildings for safety, but most fled to Granny's diner.