Chapter 28 The Return of Zelena

Narrated by Kaylee

     As we were on our way to Granny's Diner, Regina appeared in front of us. "Well, well, so much for telling me that you two were kind enough to chase out robbers from my house," she said, looking upset. "You left one big detail out, for you didn't mention that you were them. Stealing from me again I see. Children should know that it is a crime to take what doesn't belong to them. At least that is what parents should teach their kids. And if you were wondering, I don't intend to enact that useless spell if that was your intention of stealing my urn again. I only have it for one thing... decoration."

     "How do you have it?" I asked.

     "Gold gifted it to me as a peace offering, but he didn't tell me how he came to have it in his possession," Regina explained. "I'm still mind-boggled myself."

     It was meant to be found, I thought. Mr. Gold knew all along it was here in Storybrooke. It's like he mapped this all out. Aubrey and I turned to each other, confused.

     "Anyway, think it your lucky day because this is only a warning not to take what doesn't belong to you," Regina continued. "Just know that I don't encourage stealing and won't encourage your behavior by simply letting you do as you please. Next time I catch you stealing from me, I will make sure you pay for your crime. Do I make myself clear?"

     "Yes," we replied, nodding.

     "Well then, with that said, I will leave you be." Regina then vanished.

     "Well, she didn't try to kill us, so that's new," I said. "She didn't even ask for the urn back surprisingly."

     "Maybe because we saved her from being killed," Aubrey returned. "And she probably doesn't care about a useless object to her anyway."

     "We better make sure she doesn't find out our true intentions for the urn," I said. "Or she may try to stop us."

     "Or she might think we are just foolish to even try to enact the spell," Aubrey pointed out. "For she might not even bother trying to stop us."

     "Perhaps," I replied.

     "Why would Mr. Gold not tell us that he gave it to Regina?" Aubrey questioned. "I wonder how he came to have it in his possession in the first place."

     "We should ask him," I replied.

     We entered Mr. Gold's shop, and he looked up at our approach. "Regina told us that you gifted her the urn," I explained. "You knew it was here all along."

     "And what if I did?" Mr. Gold replied.

     "Why didn't you tell us?" I asked.

     "It was only a matter of time that you would soon learn on your own," Mr. Gold returned. "I must have forgotten that I gifted it to the mayor."

     "How on Earth did you come to have it?" Aubrey asked.

     "Simple," Mr. Gold replied. "I collected the dust remains of it and brought them back with me when the curse hit."

     "Did you have it planned all along in case something like this would happen?" I asked. "Is that why you brought the urn back with the curse?"

     "You could put it that way," Mr. Gold responded.

     Regina was baking apple turnovers when suddenly a familiar voice was heard from behind her. "Hello, Sis."

     Regina quickly turned around, startled and very surprised. "Zelena," she responded through narrowed eyes. "Why are you here and how?"