Chapter 13 "Follow the White Rabbit"

Narrated by Kaylee

     "I have another task in mind I need you both to do for me," Rumpelstiltskin said, stirring his tea and beckoning us. We came over, dreading what our next mission would be. "Why, don't look so glum; I'm not sending you on a death trap. This place, let's just say, is more inviting, whimsical, and wonderful."

     "But...," I started to object.

     "Ah!" Rumpelstiltskin snapped, motioning his finger. "Remember Deary, I saved you from being killed by the Wicked Witch. It is only fair you do this for me in return."

     I let out a sigh. "What is it now?"

     Rumpelstiltskin let out an enthusiastic chuckle. "Now we're talking. The place I need you to venture to is another realm by the name of Wonderland where you will find me an extremely rare, magical flower by the name of the Enchanted Crocus of Wonderland's Forest. For more detail, it's purple with red and white markings. To find this flower, all you have to do, Deary, is follow the white rabbit; for it shall lead the ones of pure hearts to where the flower lies."

     "Seriously? Wonderland?" I questioned. "Follow the white rabbit?" I added dubiously, turning to Aubrey, and we stared at each other with the same thought. The place full of tea parties and mushrooms? I thought to myself with excitement. "How do we get there?"

     "I'll take you to the Mad Hatter, and he shall provide you transportation to Wonderland," Rumpelstiltskin replied. "You'll see." He appeared a pouch of coins in his hand. "This should pay for the trip." He then handed me the pouch of coins.

     "How do we find this white rabbit?" Aubrey asked.

     "Simple, Deary, the rabbit will come to you," returned Rumpelstiltskin with a chuckle. "The rabbit makes itself known only to those of pure hearts. Now no more jibber jabbering, off you go now, and good luck." Rumpelstiltskin then made us disappear in a magic swirl. We appeared in front of a small, quaint, white house with a thatched, hay roof.

     "Off course there's a Mad Hatter," said Aubrey, looking amused. "I'm surprised he's not in Wonderland having a tea party with his rabbit friend," she ended with a chuckle.

     I let out a laugh. "How can he get us to Wonderland?" I questioned curiously.

     "We'll find out shortly," Aubrey returned. She then knocked on the door, and we waited until a young man opened it. He had brown, wavy hair that came to his chin, along with blue eyes, and he wore a long, brown coat with gray, leather pants, and a bright-red ascot.

     "Can I help you?" he asked in a friendly manner.

     "We need your help," I replied, "to get to a place by the name of Wonderland." I then handed him the pouch of coins. The young man dumped them into his hand then looked up with a nod. "Come in."

     We entered and gazed around the small, quaint place. In the middle of the room was a toy tea set surrounded by a bunch of stuffed animals. "Do you have a daughter?" I asked.

     "I do," he responded with a smile. "Her name is Grace. She is in school right now. I promised her a tea party once she got home. My name is Jefferson by the way," he added, dipping his head cordially.

     We told our names, then Jefferson disappeared and returned with a hat.

     "Do you make hats for a living?" I asked.

     "Not just any ordinary hats, but ones that are magic," Jefferson replied. "They are hats that create portals that can take you anywhere you need to go."