Chapter 36 DunBroch

Narrated by Kaylee

     The sun blazed down on us, and a light breeze stirred, picking up dust; and it blew in our direction. The dry, barren land stretched endlessly into the distance, and a few hawks circled the sky. "Where are we?" Regina asked, staring in the distance.

     "Not in Camelot for sure," Hook replied, as he tapped his hook against a dry branch of a stunted, barren tree. "We appear to be stranded in the middle of nowhere."

     "Great," Regina said with frustration. "Just when I thought we had the chance to finally stop Arthur. I see no chance now. I can't even 'poof' all of us out of here because of the stupid magic-restriction cuff on my wrist."

     "All we can do is just hold onto hope," Snow said, turning to David.

     "Yes, because hope is what gives us strength," David replied, lovingly taking Snow's hands into his. "I know you as a person who never allows any hardships to stop you from trying. I know we will find a way, for we always do just as we have always found each other through any obstacle. And what made it possible was hope."

     "You two never stop talking about hope, do you?" Regina said in a bad mood.

     "Nope," David replied. "That's what makes us optimistic people.

     "Let's just hope Arthur won't banish us somewhere further if we ever did get out of this place," Regina said.

     "How do we know where we are going?" Zelena whined. "We could head in the wrong direction."

     "That's the question," said Regina.

     "Easy, Love, we rely on the sun, moon and stars to guide us since we don't have a compass with us," replied Hook. "A pirate mainly uses those tools of navigation to sail from one place to another, but now it's time to use a sailor's map and this time on land."

     "You have a fine suggestion," Lancelot remarked. "I too am familiar with the use of the sky for navigation. I may not be a sailor as you, Killian, but I have had good education on that subject."

     "I even taught you, Neal, about navigation if you recall, back in Neverland when you were just a young boy," Hook said, turning to him.

     "That, I do remember," Neal replied with a grin. "You also taught me how to sail."

     "Aye," Hook responded.

     "We should get on the move before darkness draws near," Lancelot advised. "We will have to make camp very soon. By the looks of it, daylight won't be for long."

     "And where are we supposed to find a place to sleep away from any vicious animals or pestering bugs?" Zelena questioned, short-temporarily. "Not in the open I hope."

     "I'm sure there's a forest up ahead," Lancelot said.

     "There better be because I'm literally dying in this heat," Zelena complained. "I also hope we find water and food somewhere. I plan to stay alive."

     "Do you ever stop complaining, Sis?" Regina said irritably.

     "I should have stayed back in Storybrooke," Zelena replied. "At least I would have been better off. I made a terrible mistake coming here."

     "Well, that's on you then," Regina shot back.

     "We wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for you!" Zelena shouted angerly.

     "What is that supposed to mean?" Regina questioned sharply.

     "The soul sucker wanted you, so we all jumped in to save you," Zelena retorted, scowling, "despite you cursing them all."