Chapter 31 Manhattan

Narrated by Kaylee

     Aubrey and I were having lunch with Snow and David, and we were talking about the Jefferson occurrence. Suddenly, Mr. Gold walked in, and we looked up at his approach. "Is everything okay, Gold?" David asked.

     "Everything is fine, Deary; I only come to speak with the twins," Mr. Gold replied. "It's an important matter."

     "Whatever it is, they aren't doing you any more favors nor are they ever going to put themselves in danger because of you," retorted David.

     "Oh, you need not fear, for I don't plan any dangerous missions," Mr. Gold replied. "I only come here with a small favor in mind."

     "They don't owe you anything," David said firmly.

     "On the contrary, they do," Mr. Gold replied, turning to Aubrey and me. "Remember when I told you that you can owe me a favor another time after I saved you from Zelena?"

     "Yes," I replied.

     "Well, I'm here for that favor," Mr. Gold said.

     "What is it?" I asked nervously.

     Mr. Gold took out a potion and held it up. "This potion is going to make it possible to find my son, Bae. With it, I can finally cross over the town line without losing my memories. But being unfamiliar to the outside, nonmagical world, I need guidance. Since you two are from this nonmagical land, you are going to help me find my son."

     "How do we find him?" Aubrey asked.

     "Come to my shop, and I will show you," Mr. Gold replied.

     "I had no idea you had a son," David said.

     "Yes, and I hope to be reunited with him soon," Mr. Gold replied.

     "What happened between the two of you?" David questioned.

     "Let's just say, I was never the father I should have been; for I let him go, but now I am going to find him and make things right," Mr. Gold replied solemnly.

     "I wish you luck with finding your son," David said. "And promise to take care of Aubrey and Kaylee. Keep them safe."

     Mr. Gold nodded. "You have my word."

     We entered Mr. Gold's shop, and he disappeared in the backroom then returned with a solid white globe. "Now is the time to finally use this," he said, setting it down onto the counter.

     "How does it work?" I asked.

     "I'll show you," Mr. Gold replied. "With blood magic, I can locate anyone in this world who is my blood relation." He then pricked his finger on a spindle that was connected to the globe, then he let a drop of his blood fall onto the globe. To our wonder, a world map appeared, and the drop of blood traced its way until it pinpointed a location in the state of New York, and the location was lighted up. In small words, it read, Manhattan. Then Mr. Gold tapped the area, causing it to scroll in until an apartment was shown. He wrote down the apartment number and location onto paper and tucked it into his coat pocket.

     "Well, that isn't too far from here," I said.

     "So do you drink the potion in order to preserve your memories?" Aubrey asked.

     "Yes," he replied. "Once I cross the town line, I will still remember who I am."

     "What about us?" I questioned. "Do you think we will lose our memories crossing the town line?"