Chapter 41 The Return of the Dark Wizard

Narrated by Kaylee

     I was sleeping, and I started to restlessly toss and turn; for I was dreaming, and in this dream, I saw a high, stone wall that was covered with vines. Facilier confronted the wall as he held the sword of Nayu. I angerly marched over to him to try and take the sword back, but he didn't appear to see me. It was as if I were only an invisible ghost. I saw him break off the ruby from the sword's handle and place it in a small opening in the wall. Next thing, I saw a swirling, black portal form in the stone wall. Facilier bowed and said, "Arise, Great Wizard, and rule again." I felt cold inside and slowly backed up. Then suddenly, I appeared midst a meeting of the Knights of the Golden Circle which Zophar held, and next moment, I appeared at a battle scene. There was slaughtering and bloodshed, and blood-curdling cries were heard everywhere. I felt paralyzed with fear. Suddenly, when I turned around, I faced the dark wizard. Then my dream ended, and I startled awake, sitting up in bed, sweating and breathing heavily. Aubrey awoke. "Another dream?" she asked nervously.

     "Yes," I replied, laying back down. I then explained my dream.

     "That must be how Zophar is released, by the ruby on the handle," Aubrey concluded with a grim expression. "Somehow a portal is created by placing the ruby in the stone wall."

     "Yeah," I replied, sitting back up. "Why else would Facilier have wanted the sword of Nayu? He planned to release Zophar with it. Now we know how he does."

     "We need to warn the others, for Zophar could make an unexpected appearance any time," Aubrey said, looking very worried.

     "Yes," I replied. "We must prepare."

     Once we all were at the breakfast table with Lancelot, Guinevere, and Merlin, I explained my dream to them. "Your dream may just explain how the dark wizard is released," Merlin said grimly. "It's certainly prophetic."

     "Bloody hell, this means war could happen any day," Hook said darkly.

     "Now that we may have a dark wizard on the loose, no one is safe," Regina put in. "Should we warn the people, Merlin?"

     "Not right now, for I don't want to arouse despair just yet when we aren't sure the exact time Zophar will make an appearance," replied Merlin.

     "We know in the end Zophar will be defeated, so we have hope," Snow said. "Hope is what we need to give the people of Camelot."

     "You make a good point," Merlin remarked, nodding at her.

     "Let's hope none of us die in the process," Regina returned solemnly. "You're forgetting how powerful this wizard is. The twins could die for goodness's sake! They are prophesied to defeat this wizard, but the prophecy never said they live."

     "Nor does the prophecy say they will perish," Merlin pointed out.

     "I am fearful, that's all," said Regina. "The twins don't ever seem to get away from prophesies. Parts of the future are left unsaid, making me fear the worst."

     "The future is unpredictable, but sometimes we just have to focus on doing the right thing at the moment rather than worrying about what might happen," Merlin replied.

     "Are you forgetting that they are only children?" Regina snapped "They could die! You know the future, Merlin; you should know what happens to them."

     "Sometimes sacrifice is required, and parts of the future should be left unknown," Merlin returned.

     "This is too big of a responsibility for two, young girls!" Regina exclaimed. "I will help defeat this wizard."