Chapter 46 A Happy Ending

Narrated by Aubrey

     In secret, Hook went back to find Blackbeard, but this time he was only determined on getting the genie lamp back so that Kaylee and I would be able to return to our real home. He went back alone since he did not want to put the rest of us in danger. Once he arrived at the Jolly Roger which was by the docks, to his surprise and curiosity, he saw something that looked like a golden statue, the exact replica of Blackbeard, and all of Blackbeard's crew surrounded it. "I'm not the least bit surprised he had a gold statue made of himself," Hook muttered to himself under his breath with an annoyed roll of his eyes. "It probably weighs a ton." He then boldly walked up to the deck of the Jolly Roger and demanded, "Now where's Blackbeard. The fight is not over yet!"

     Then one of the crew members pointed to the golden statue and replied, "That's him."

     "No, the real Blackbeard, the one actually made out of flesh and blood, you idiot!" Hook retorted impatiently.

     "Like I said before, that really is him," the crew member replied.

     "So, what exactly are you saying?" Hook questioned.

     "I'm saying that Blackbeard accidentally turned himself into gold," replied the crew member.

     "How the bloody hell did that happen?" Hook asked amusingly.

     "Well, for his first wish," began the crew member with a trembling voice, "he wished that everything he touched would turn into gold, and that wish turned into a curse as you can see."

     "Well, that bloody fool gets what he deserves," replied Hook. "Magic, especially intended for greed, does come with a price." Then Hook spotted the genie lamp lying on the floor, and it was obvious that all the crew members had not picked it up since they were all afraid of it. But Hook gladly took it up with a pleased grin and said, "Well, it looks like you all will need a new captain, a better one. Whoever wishes to join me I will gladly welcome, but those who do not wish to join can leave. Now who's in?"

     Suddenly, all the crew members shouted, "To Captain Hook!"

     Hook smiled proudly and said, "Welcome, my fellow pirates. Now first you can dispose of that statue. It only weighs my ship down."

     All the crew members teamed up together and gladly threw the heavy, gold statue of Blackbeard off the ship, and it sank to the bottom of the sea where it was to never be seen again. They were glad they did not have Blackbeard as their captain any longer.

     "Now if you'd all excuse me, I have some business to attend to," said Hook. "I shall be back soon."

     Hook returned to all of us, surprising us all with the genie lamp, and especially Kaylee and I were thrilled. He then told us the whole story what had happened to Blackbeard, which we all thought was hilarious. We all celebrated with a picnic in a meadow right outside the Enchanted Forest. Regina, Robin Hood, David, Snow, Hook, Belle, Rumpelstiltskin, the seven dwarfs, Neal, Cora, Red, Granny, Kaylee, and I celebrated together. The sun shone brightly, and we all had a jolly time. I cherished every moment. Kaylee and I wanted to spend every moment to its fullest with all our friends, and we decided to spend one more day with them because it would be the last time we would ever see them now that we could finally go home.

     Not only were we going to have a happy ending, but all our friends were as well. Snow and David were going to have a baby, and ruling the Enchanted Forest gave them a special purpose, the purpose to put the people first, and this was what made them a very good king and queen loved by all. Snow and David stood on their castle balcony, gazing out into the distance. Snow turned a loving gaze to David and took his hands into hers. "It's not a happy ending... it's a happy, new beginning; and it was hope that brought us to where we are right now."

     Hook was happy to be back out at sea again on his Jolly Roger, captain once again to a large crew. Standing on the lookout and looking through a telescope, he gazed distantly out at sea and murmured to himself with a smile, "A pirate's life for me."

     The seven dwarfs spent their days working in the gold mines, whistling and singing merry songs. It was a simple life but a life they all loved and were contented to live, especially living in their cozy, little cottage.

     Zelena came back to the Enchanted Forest after being in Oz, and Cora was very happy that she was reunited with both her daughters and that they were together again. Zelena made up with Regina too, and the sisters hugged for the first time. Zelena had been tired of being alone, and all she knew that could finally make her truly happy was love. And she had it---a family. Her green skin had disappeared entirely, and her true beauty had returned. Her envy, bitterness, and misery were gone, and all that was left was happiness and contentment.

     Belle and Rumpelstiltskin spent their happy moments in their fortress together. In the giant library with the curtains wide open which let sunlight filter in, they danced to a song. And at the end of the dance, Belle whispered to Rumpelstiltskin, "We are going to have a baby." Overjoyed, Rumpelstiltskin embraced belle.

     Neal was getting in a close relationship with the young lady he had met at the Charming's ball, and the two of them spent many moments together. Neal knew for sure that this was the woman he was meant to grow old with, his true love.

     Regina was taking a walk in the Enchanted Forest when suddenly an arrow was shot into a tree right in front of her. Very curious, she approached the arrow and saw a note and diamond ring attached to it. Unraveling the note, it read, Will you marry me? Regina broke into tears of joy, then turning around, she saw Robin Hood, and he said, approaching her with a loving smile, "What do you say? Ready for a new adventure?"

     "Yes! Oh yes!" Regina exclaimed joyously. "I love you!" Then they kissed.

     After saying our last and emotional goodbyes to all of our dearly beloved friends, Kaylee and I made our wish using the genie lamp, wishing that time in our world would be fixed and that we would return home. Then suddenly, we appeared in our backyard at home. We turned around and saw that our bunnies were still on the sofa where we had last left them. It was even the same time of day when we were last here. It was as if no time had elapsed. We were so happy to finally be back home; for we had missed home so much, especially our family, after being gone for around a year. We joyously hugged each other. I realized that when we had made our wish, we were sent back to the very moment we had first found the magic bean in our backyard. It would always remain a mystery how it had appeared to us, but all that could be understood was that it was fate, fate that made it possible to fulfill our destiny, which gave us an opportunity to discover different worlds, magical worlds like fantasy. But now we were back in normal reality.

The End.