Chapter 20 Maleficent

Narrated by Aubrey

     A young woman, who wore a black headpiece with horns, sat on a throne in a dark hallway, and in her right hand, she held a staff that had a purple-colored orb on top of it. She stood up when someone approached her and said stridently, "Why are you here, Regina? What do you want from me?"

     "Hello, Maleficent," came Regina. "I am here to make you an offer; for I seek the orb on that very staff you hold."

     "It's not for trade," Maleficent objected vehemently. "It would be a danger in your hands. It's far more powerful than you realize."

     "That is why I need it," Regina replied maliciously.

     "You plan to use it to create a dark curse," Maleficent said coldly. "I already figured out your plan, Regina; for only a curse would need such a powerful ingredient such as the magic of my orb, and we both already know this orb has the power to generate any curse. I won't take part in your wicked plan, so it looks like you are going to have to fight for it if you desire it so much."

     Regina let of a menacing chuckle and replied, "Oh, I guess we shall fight then." Then forming a fireball in her hand, she tossed it at Maleficent, but she deflected it with her own power.

     "You will have to play it the hard way then," Maleficent said boldly. Then she tapped the bottom of her staff against the ground, and suddenly, a dark, foggy, magic whirl appeared around her, and it grew larger and larger until it revealed her as an enormous dragon. She breathed fire at Regina, but Regina evaded it, and soon, the whole place was on fire. Once Maleficent's head was close enough to the ground, Regina appeared out of nowhere and threw some sort of powder at her, and this caused her to turn back into human form and make her fall unconscious. Regina then quickly snatched up the staff from her and laughed triumphantly.

     I woke up, breathing heavily and sweating all over. "Another bad dream?" Kaylee asked after waking up. I nodded, then I told the entire dream while Kaylee listened with a nervous expression. "So, I guess even Maleficent exists," she said.

     "I guess so," I replied with a deep breath. "I think this dream is prophetic too. It felt very real, but this time it felt as if it was actually happening now. It's just this gut feeling. But it's probably foretelling that this will happen in the future. Anyway, this orb in my dream.... it's an ingredient to the curse Regina's planning. Hopefully this event in my dream didn't take place yet because we need to go find Maleficent and warn her about this. It would be the only way to keep Regina from getting her hands on that orb."

     "Rumpelstiltskin probably knows where Maleficent lives," Kaylee replied.

      Narrated by Kaylee (continued)

     We told Rumpelstiltskin Aubrey's dream in detail, and he listened intently with much interest. He replied, "This dream tells you that Regina either has already stolen this ingredient to the curse or will get her hands on it in the future. Or perhaps she is in the process of getting it in this very moment."

     "What should we do?" I asked.

     "Don't ask me, Deary, for that is for you two to decide," Rumpelstiltskin replied.

     "I guess we find Maleficent and see if she still has this orb, and we can make sure that Regina does not get it," I said. "But if Maleficent says she no longer has it, then that gives us our answer, that Regina had already taken it."

     Rumpelstiltskin responded, "There's only one way to find out, Deary, for I am about to take you to her home, the Forbidden Fortress." And with a wave of his hand, he caused us to disappear in a magic swirl, then we appeared in a vast, sparse land. A large, formidable fortress stood in the distance.