Chapter 15 The Lost Boys

Narrated by Kaylee

     Once we reached the shore, we helped Hook set up camp, then the two of us decided to explore the forest. "Pan is probably having the Lost Boys hunt for you by now since he feels himself weakening in the presence of pure hearts as prophesied," Hook concluded. "That explains why his shadow dropped you into the ocean, so try not to get caught by the Lost Boys."

     "We'll try not to get caught," I replied. "We won't be long."

     We rambled through the thick, green forest and felt sticky with the humidity. The sun beat on our faces, and the mosquitos bothered us. Suddenly, we heard a rustle in the undergrowth and a snap of a twig, then we quickly got into defense mode, ready to use our magic if needed. Then another rustle was heard from behind us, and we quickly turned around. "Show yourself!" I demanded. Suddenly, cloaked figures emerged from the undergrowth and from behind trees in all directions, pointing their bows at us as they were surrounding us. We turned around in circles as more figures made an appearance. I then turned to Aubrey and grimly said, "The Lost Boys."

     "Kill them!" ordered a tall figure who had his face concealed in his hood. Just as all the Lost Boys drew back their arrows, we blasted our magic at them as we turned around in all directions to target them all at once right before they could release their arrows. They were flown about like swirling leaves in a gush of wind. Some Lost Boys recovered and immediately targeted us once again with their arrows, while others were completely out of it, and some even cowered and retreated. As the rest of them were down, we used that as an opportunity to get away. "Get the kids!" commanded the tall Lost Boy. It wasn't long until they targeted us once again, and they chased us through the forest, shooting at us. We would turn around to shoot them back in retaliation. We ran until they lost us, then we rested, catching our breath.

     "That was close," Aubrey said, letting out a sigh of relief. "They sure act savage."

     "We should head back now," I replied. "Hook was right to conclude that Pan would send the Lost Boys after us."

     Suddenly, as we were about to head back, we felt jolts of pain and realized we were struck by tranquilizer darts, then we fell to the ground.

     I awoke to find that we were bound to steaks with our hands tied behind us. It was night now; for we had been unconscious for a long time. I started to panic and desperately fought the ropes, but it was pointless. I felt so terrified; for we were screwed. I looked over at Aubrey, and she was still unconscious. "Aubrey, wake up," I whispered. "Wake up, come on!"

     Aubrey groaned, slowly opening her eyes, and she looked around then at me. It took her a moment to realize our state, then her dazed-look immediately turned into horror. "No, no, no!" she cried as she desperately fought the ropes.

     "It's pointless to fight the ropes; for you're only wasting your energy," said a voice. We turned to see the tall Lost Boy standing there. He then pulled off his hood, revealing his rough, sunken face, and he grinned maliciously. "Hope you slept well," he added in a taunting tone. He looked around sixteen, had blond hair, blue eyes, and a large scar was on his cheek.

     We fixed him a long, hard gaze, and I replied with clenched teeth as I fought the ropes, "Why didn't you just kill us when you had the chance?"

     "I could have very well killed you then, but I decided that our great and noble leader, Pan, should have the honors of doing that. Afterall, he has been waiting for your coming for so long," he added with a smirk. "Who would have ever thought that the prophesied ones would end up being two little girls."

     We said nothing in reply and stared at him through narrowed eyes.

     "Pan should be here any moment," the Lost Boy said with a sinister grin.