Chapter 3 [Book 1]

After an eventful first lesson of charms where I defeated Natty at an interesting game, I began to make my way to Defence Against Dark Arts class, excited to learn some new spells.

Although, I wasn't expecting to see two students duelling on entry. One happened to be the mysterious Sallow himself.

"Stupefy!"

I watched as Sebastian and the Gryffindor boy threw spells back and forth.

"Is that all I've got?" I watched as Sebastian smirked before he aimed his wand towards the student and cast bombarda, the impact of the spell caused the head of the Hebridean Black's skeleton to fall and when it almost crushed the Gryffindor, a voice spoke.

"Levioso!" The skeletal head floated back into place. I looked up, an elderly woman stood outside her office.

"Professor Hecat!" Called another student.

"Perhaps I'd be good enough to blast each other to pieces on Ir own time. I get new students every year but I only have one Hebridean Black skull." (Hecat's a complete savage)

I snorted at the professor's lack of care towards her students as she made her down the stairs to teach levioso to the class. Sebastian turned his attention towards me as he let out a chuckle and shook his head.

"Now let's start with something small."

After some practice, Professor Hecat took notice of how quickly I picked up the spell.

"Very good, but the best way to practise is by duelling."

She turned her attention to Sebastian, "Mr Sallow, care to do the honours."

Sebastian turned to face me as he ran a hand through his brown locks, a smirk emerging as he stared into my eyes, "with pleasure."

The two of us took a stance as Hecat commenced the duel, "this should be easy", he said smugly.

I cast levioso, breaking through his shield immediately.

"This can't be Ir first duel", he gasped.

I shrugged, "let's just say I'm a quick learner.

As we continued to duel until I was able to throw Sebastian off the elevated stage, ending the duel. I walked towards him as he stood up brushing himself off.

"Not bad for a beginner. I give as good as I get", he chuckled and walked off, leaving me to talk with Professor Hecat.

"I put you on the spot and I rose to the challenge. Points to Slytherin."

"Thank you Professor Hecat. I'm glad to have this opportunity."

Hecat dismissed me and as I were about to leave, I noticed seemingly Sebastian waiting for me.

"I enjoyed that", I smiled.

He returned the smile, "that duel was quite something. Everyone'll be talking about it."

"It was good practice."

"Practice? Felt more like I was duelling an expert."

I couldn't help but feel my cheeks warm at the sudden compliment, especially coming from someone as handsome as him.

"Are I blushing?"

"What? No! I have no idea what you're talking bout."

Sensing I get redder, Sebastian put his face closer towards me, causing me to blush more before he threw his head back laughing.

"Oh my god!", he said in between laughs, "you totally are blushing."

I waved him off, annoyed at how easily he is teasing I.

"Oh come on, I'm just joking with I", he came behind me, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"I know, I might be a perfect fit for a certain exclusive, unsanctioned duelling organisation."

This piqued my interest, "Exclusive and unsanctioned? Count me in."

"Excellent. Knew I was right about you. If I want to get the most out of your time at Hogwarts, you're going to need to break the rules now and then."

I stood in silence as Sebastian began to ramble off.

"Whether it's joining a secret duelling club or sneaking into the Restricted Section of the Library - I must just be clever to not get caught."

I thanked him for the new insight and the two of us exited the classroom as he led me to the secret duelling club. During our walk, I engaged in conversation to get to know each other.

"So? Did I know I'd be sorted into Slytherin?" I asked him. It seemed to be Ir ongoing question when meeting new people.

"I did. Mother always said I was a carbon copy of my dad, who happened to be a Slytherin."

"I see."

"Plus my sister also got sorted in Slytherin, so I figured that cemented the house I was in."

I was curious about Sebastian's personal life. From all the times I had conversed with him, he seemed very cautious when discussing his personal life, specifically his sister and most definitely his parents.

"Well here we are", I looked to see a young Gryffindor playing a small ball.

"Hey, Lucan!" Sebastian called out.

"Ah Sebastian", he turned to see me beside Sebastian, "can I help you?"

I looked to Sebastian, hoping that he would speak for you but he stepped aside, indicating that I was on my own as I let out an annoyed sigh.

"Sebastian told me to see you about a club."

"Well if Sebastian vouches for you, that's all I need to know."

The boy I learned to be called Lucan Brattleby began to explain the rules of the Crossed Wands Duelling Club.

"So did I want to solo or go with a partner?"

I turned my attention to Sebastian, "partner."

Sebastian grinned towards me and thus began a friendship I were unaware would become more.

-----

Double update :D

I'm curious, would I guys like some chapters that are in the POV of Sebastian or a collection of certain scenes where we get Sebastian's POV or nothing at all?

Let me know!