Chapter 27 [Book 1]

You still couldn't believe it.

Sebastian used the Killing Curse and on his uncle no less, in front of his sister.

You couldn't imagine how upset Anne must be right now. Her uncle who was now gone and her twin seems to be suffering a much worse fate.

"Sebastian - "

"I need to go", he muttered, his face expressionless before taking off to the catacomb's entrance.

'I can't let him leave', you thought as you took off chasing him down and calling out to him with no response.

"Sebastian - wait!" You reached out, getting closer yet so far as his robes slipped through your fingers.

You tried speeding up, but somehow, Sebastian was just as fast.

"Stop! Sebastian. Hold on!"

Finally, you reached the entrance of the catacomb to see Sebastian staring out over Feldcroft, his previous home burnt down from the previous encounter with the goblins.

"Sebastian", you breathed out, walking closer to him as you reached out.

He just glared at you.

"What is it?"

"Why wouldn't you stop? I was calling after you."

He began to pace, shaking his head.

"Anne won't survive this. She's withering away - inside and out. Solomon's never been there for us. Not really. He gave up on Anne. I'll never give up on her."

You didn't know how to respond and just let him continue on his rant.

"You saw him, didn't you? He was going to ruin her life! He attacked us. I - I had to use the Killing Curse. You know I did. If I hadn't known how to cast it - "

You shook your head.

"Yes, he attacked us. Yes, you had no choice. But, Sebastian", you grabbed his hand, "the Killing Curse?"

You wanted nothing more than to embrace him, to let him know that there was someone still by his side, but you couldn't, not when he was, this.

He tried to take hold of your hand, but you pulled back.

"I-I can't", shock and remorse painted on his face.

"This isn't you. This isn't the Sebastian I know."

You turned back and headed your way to Hogwarts, now pushing back all thoughts about Sebastian to focus on the Ranrok, Rookwood and the Keepers.

On your way back, you decided to cut through Hogsmeade and stood outside the door of Ollivanders, remembering the Keeper's artifacts in your possession.

You walked in to see the Ollivander rifling through his collection of wands.

"Hello, Mr Ollivander. I wondered if you might be able to help me with something."

Hearing your voice, he quickly settled down the wand box in his hand and put his attention on you.

"Yes! Professor Fig sent an owl informing me that you'd be coming."

And with that, you discussed the special wand that needed to be crafted, you handed him the artifacts and off he went in the back. You began to pace the store, as time passed on.

"It is done."

You turned around to see Gerbold Ollivander standing with a wand box, getting closer, he opened it and you gasped. Inside was one of the most beautiful wands you have ever seen crafted.

The Keeper's Wand.

He handed you the box and you bid him a thank you and goodbye as you left the store with a smile on your face.

But that smile immediately faded with the presence of Rookwood.

He began to speak, a shiver ran down your spine as you felt more cautious.

"I'm afraid you're on your own. I've ensured that we have a moment to ourselves."

Tightening your grip around the box as you whipped your wand out and pointed at him.

"Come, come. No need for such threatrics. In light of what Ranrok now knows, you must agree that our interests are aligned."

"Our interests will never be aligned."

Your response seemed to have surprised him.

"You would let goblins take what is rightfully ours?" He sneered.

"The final repository belongs to wizardkind. We would be fools not to work together."

It was then he noticed your newly crafted wand and pointed towards it.

"What's that you've got there?"

Not wanting to risk losing the wand, you vanished it to safe keeping, raising your wand in preparation for what he'll do.

"Might this sudden visit to the wandmaker have something to do with", he paused, "our mutual pursuit?"

"I've no idea what you're talking about."

This caused him to blow up.

"That repository is my birthright!" He spat.

"Charles Rookwood wouldn't have wanted you near it!"

He simply just laughed at this, "the arrogance. Should've known better than to reason with a child."

Then, his next set of words sent a chill throughout your body.

"I've always said children should be seen and not heard."

Your eyes widened at the familiar phrase as you were taken back to the time Sebastian had recounted those words to you resulting in Anne's curse.

So it wasn't the goblins like Sebastian had assumed.

But unfortunately, by the time you had realised, one of Rookwood's men took hold of you and all three of you disapparated.

You apparated into what seems a hideout for Rookwood and his posse. Curses and hexes were immediately thrown at you and you had just dodged the first set as you regained your composure and threw them back.

You watched as more slowly came into view, their wands raised at you.

"Well, this isn't the worst I've been through", as you readied your wand and threw the first spell.

No matter how many waves of Ashwinders came after you, you were able to defeat every single one of them.

Allowing yourself to breathe, the final boss made himself apparent as Rookwood apparated in front of you.

"Avada Kedavra!"

Immediately casting stupefy, you caught the curse into your spell and with what you had, pushed on and just like that, Rookwood's Killing Curse reflected back on him as you watched his body fall to the ground.

You couldn't believe it, you had killed Rookwood, though indirectly, but there he was, dead on the floor in front of your eyes.

--------

Ohhhh, we're getting close to the end. I anticipate probably another 3 chapters and then I can finally start on sixth year.

Which I think will bring more excitement than this book because, guess what, I can finally do Sebastian romance!!!