Chapter 6 [Book 1]

Sebastian POV
-
Heading downstairs, I found the common room to be bustling with students. I made my way to the fireplace, spellbook in hand and began to review what spells I already knew and didn't know. Fortunately, I already knew most spells in the book.

"New fifth-year coming through", although I wanted to pry my eyes away from the book to take a look at the new student in all their Slytherin beauty, I didn't want to look so eager to know them, thus, continued to review.

That was until I saw a familiar figure approaching me.

"Can I help you?" I spoke with a raised brow, "- ah. You're the new fifth-year. I'm Sebastian Sallow. Welcome to Slytherin."

"Thank you", they spoke with a smile.

There was something about your mannerisms that truly intrigued me and subconsciously, I felt myself straighten up and smile back, a most genuine smile since Anne got cursed. Definitely, going to try and charm them.

We had a well-off conversation as you inquired me about my spellbook, to which I answered with glee.

"A spell book I picked up. Has a few interesting things, but not exactly what I was looking for."

"I'm sure you'll find out soon enough, but not every spell you may need can be found in our assigned textbooks", I spoke with an intended tone.

"Are you saying some spells aren't taught at Hogwarts? Which ones?"

I was impressed by your perceptiveness, but since we had just met, I didn't want to indulge you so quickly in what I know.

"That is a conversation for another time."

I heard another student, Violet, call for the new student and watched as they exited the common room. Funnily enough, I never seemed to have caught their name.

Just as I was about to get back to my book, I saw Ominis make his way towards me.

"Interesting lass, aren't they? Caught your interest?"

"I have no idea what you mean."

"Oh come on Sebastian, anyone, blind or not, can sense a growing interest in you and I don't just mean in a friendly way."

"Oh shut it Ominis."

Students began to leave the common room, in time to get some food in before class. I watched as Ominis followed, knowing that I wasn't one to eat so early in the morning, "their name is y/n, btw."

I said nothing in response, not wanting to give him that satisfaction, all I heard was a hmm, followed by his footsteps leaving the common room, just like everyone else.

I entered charms to find Ominis already sitting in our usually spot.

"Hello Sebastian."

"Omi", I smirked.

"Oh merlin save me."

The two of us chatted for a bit until I saw the fifth year enter.

Then I felt Ominis get close to my ear, "you're staring at them aren't you?"

This caused me to blush, "no I'm not!" I denied as a hit him.

Classes just went by as any other year, but I was impressed by the superb wand skills of y/n during charms class, it seems that they might just surpass Natty, who everyone knows is quite the wands person herself.

Next was Defence Against the Dark Arts, my favourite class, so as any other student would do, I got there later than most people.

"Ah, Sebastian Sallow, care to duel me", I heard a familiar arrogant voice, interrupting my decent mood.