Chapter 10 [Book 1]

It was a new day in Hogwarts and as I was attending Beasts Class, I couldn't stop thinking about the upcoming trip to meet Sebastian's sister.

I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice a Hufflepuff trying to get my attention.

"U-um, excuse me?"

"Hello?"

She continued to wave her hand in front of my face until I felt something wet lick my cheek.

"Oh my!" I exclaimed.

"Gerald!"

I turned to see the Hufflepuff girl holding a fluffy ball-like creature.

"Hello! I'm Poppy - Poppy Sweeting! And don't worry about Professor Howin's speech, she tends to overexaggerate, all the creatures are perfectly safe."

Following introductions, Poppy continued to teach how to care for the creatures, allowing me to practise on Gerald as she went off to care for others.

Once I spent enough time bonding with Gerald, I went to Poppy only to see a Slytherin and Ravenclaw harassing a poor Kneazle.

"Coupla' Kneazle whiskers oughta' get me a few Knuts, at least. Enough to buy something from Honeydukes", the Slytherin boy chuckled.

As he struggled to pull off the Kneazle's whiskers whilst throwing insults at it, Poppy rushed over from caring for Nifflers, exclaiming in fear, "what in Merlin's name are you doing?!"

The Slytherin just rolled his eyes, "ugh. Tsk, tsk, peculiar Poppy. Worried about a worthless little rodent?"

Poppy turned, her eyes narrowing at the boy, "her name is Persephone", she spoke through gritted teeth.

The two bullies continued to mock Poppy.

"That's really not funny", I added.

The Slytherin boy was just about to retaliate until you all noticed Professor Howin standing nearby, aware of the altercation occurring.

The boy noticed her staring before he grumbled, "let's go."

Once they left, Poppy gave the Kneazle a comforting pat, "those two don't belong anywhere near this class."

"Anyway, thanks for saying something to those brutes. In light of it, there's someone I'd like you to meet. In the forest."

Poppy then ran off and I followed her, not knowing where she was taking me. We continued to run deep away from Hogwarts until we stopped in a grass clearing. 

At that moment, Poppy blew between her fingers, a high-pitched whistle exiting as the flapping sounds of wings could be heard in the distance.

Then, a beautiful white Hippogriff landed.

"This is Highwing", Poppy introduced as she continued to explain how she rescued Highwing from poachers.

"Well, would you like to introduce yourself?"

She stepped aside, allowing me to have the floor. I remembered reading somewhere that the way to gain the respect and trust of a Hippogriff was to bow, so I did and in return, Highwing bowed right back.

After spending a little bit more time with Poppy, we headed back, just in time for me to prepare to meet Sebastian at Feldcroft.

The journey was long, but I eventually reached the area, only to be confused by its barren look, but, it seemed like a pleasant enough place.

I noticed Sebastian waiting at the top of a watchtower, so for obvious reasons, I went up to meet him.

"You made it."

I cocked a smile, "enjoying the view?"

Sebastian continued to talk in a serious tone, "keeping an eye on things. Felcroft isn't what it used to be."

"So it seems", I replied, looking over to the lack of life both in the physical environment and the lack of home-dwellers.

Sebastian continued to explain the impact of Ranrok's Loyalists and Rookwood and more importantly how Anne was cursed by one of the goblins.

"Speaking of, let's go meet her."

Entering a small house I watched in glee as Sebastian snuck up to a girl looking quite like him, but quite sickly reading a book.

"Aha!"

"Sebastian where did you - "

The twins shared a hug as Sebastian whipped out a Shrivelfig from his coat, "is that what I think it is?" Anne questioned.

But just as Sebastian was going to answer, his uncle interrupted, snatching the item from Anne's hand before it disapparated in the air.

"We've been over this boy! Shrivelfigs cannot reverse a curse. Nothing can."

The atmosphere turned tense as Solomon continued, "there is no cure! When will you accept that?"

To which, Sebastian only retaliated, "never. I can never accept it."

Unfortunately, their fighting only seemed to worsen Anne's condition as she began to clutch her stomach, screaming out in pain.

This only caused Solomon to anger more, "now look what you've done! Leave!"

I looked over to Sebastian who could only watch in a mix of concern, anger, fear and panic as he slowly backed away before rushing out the door. 

Not being able to bear to see him like that I rushed after him.

"I'm sorry you had to see that", he spoke solemnly, "if you don't mind. I need a moment alone", I could only nod my head as he walked off.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Solomon Sallow tenderly looking at plants.

"Mr Sallow", I called out.

He looked at me frustrated, "That boy will fray my last nerve", before continuing to apologise for Sebastian's behaviour, "he doesn't know when to stop."

The two of us went back and forth as I sided with Sebastian and his uncle only merely getting more frustrated by how much I shared the same opinions as his nephew.

"He's no idea the harm he could do if he doesn't stop."

At the end of that conversation, I turned to see Sebastian staring off into the distance. I stood there watching him think for what felt like hours, which realistically was only minutes before walking up to him, and placing a hand on his shoulder, which he didn't mind.

"I just had a conversation...is your uncle...?" I dragged on.

"Always like that, yeah. He and Anne are so convinced there isn't a cure and he will do anything to stop my efforts."

I can see the determination in his eyes to find a cure for Anne, but also a sense of defeat, which is fair as everyone around him is always tearing down his efforts to find a cure for his twin.

—————

Lol writing this, I didn't actually realise how long the Feldcroft/Anne quest is, so I'm going to be splitting it in two parts.

But the second part will either finish off at Rookrood castle or go a little bit into another quest depending on how long it is.

Also I'm so excited to get this book done because I'm definitely planning on writing 6th and perhaps 7th year, if that's something you'd all like.