Chapter 26 [Book 1]

I was sitting next to the fireplace, my head in my hands, unbothered by the scorching flames next to me.

"Please. Talk to the Keepers. If not for me, then for Anne."

Sebastian's words kept repeating through my mind and I knew that those words were manipulating me. From everything I had witnessed so far, I knew that there was no way to reason with him.

A tear fell down my cheek, knowing Sebastian was going too far down this path of Dark Magic. And I hated it.

I just wanted Sebastian back.

The one who would tease me, who would make sarcastic remarks, the one that was just him.

This wasn't the Sebastian I knew.

"I finally found you."

I looked up to see Ominis looking at me, well, not really, I just knew he was aware of me.

I quickly wiped my eyes, attempting to cover up my quiet breakdown from everything.

"Were you, crying?"

"No. Sorry, did you want to ask something?"

Reaching out, Ominis used the wall to guide himself down next to me, before his hand reached down to grip mine.

"We need to talk about Sebastian."

I tensed, my grip tightening around Ominis' as I heard him wince slightly, immediately letting go.

"I'm sorry", I muttered.

He shook his head, "no, it's quite alright. What happened between you two?"

Taking a deep breath in, I began to recount everything that has happened, every word we exchanged, all the fights and more importantly my concern for him. I couldn't even look at Ominis, knowing how I promised to stop Sebastian.

"He - he just won't listen to me."

Ominis nodded.

"I received word from Anne."

I inhaled sharply as my head whipped towards him, finally seeing his face, his eyebrows furrowed with his own concern for not only Sebastian but Anne.

"Told me about the relic and how, well, how Sebastian isn't himself."

I could only nod.

"We're going to meet at the catacomb, try and stop him before it's too late."

I stared at him with fearful eyes, "I'm afraid it may be too late."

Ominis stood up, guiding himself back to his dormitories, but not before giving me some final reassurance.

"We won't know until we try."

-

I was dreading the following hours as I walked up to the catacomb to find Anne and Ominis waiting for me both pacing, Anne worse than Ominis.

"Sebastian has gone too far. You saw what lies in the catacomb. I cannot stay here."

"Wait, Anne. Please."

But it was too late, Anne had already run off, presumably back to Feldcroft.

"Sebastian's in real trouble now. The place is crawling with Inferi!"

I was confused, "Inferi?"

"You'll see. We need to hurry."

And with that, Ominis and I quickly made our way through, drastically searching everywhere for Sebastian, fighting off the Inferi until I found him where I had found the relic, except this time, he was surrounded by Inferi.

But.

They weren't hostile, but, submissive.

"Isn't this incredible?"

I hate this.

"Sebastian - "

Him.

He pointed to me, "I told you! The relic is the answer!"

He sounded mad.

"I've been trying to reverse the Dark Magic that injured Anne, but this will allow me to control it - just as I can control the Inferi."

He's gone mad.

"'Control?' I had to fight Inferi all the way - "

But before I could finish, a deep gruff voice cast Confringo and the two of us turned to see Solomon standing there, wand held up.

"What have you two done? Accio Relic!"

The relic had now pulled itself away from Sebastian and into Solomon's hand who without a thought, destroyed the relic right in front of Sebastian's eyes.

"The Relic! You'll pay for this!"

He shouted, throwing a curse at his uncle who had dodged just in time.

But destroying the Relic proved fatal as the control Sebastian had on the Inferi was gone and now they were back to attacking us. Unfortunately, I also had Solomon throwing hexes and curses at me.

With Solomon finally weakened, I felt like I could take a breath, well at least I wished.

"She cannot be healed, Sebastian. You must stop."

There was no stopping him.

"Argh! I won't let her suffer. Avada Kedavra!"

And with that, I watched in terror as Solomon's body fell to the floor unmoving.

Aware of what he had done, Sebastian dropped his wand, leaving him unguarded as a sickly voice cast Depulso and in a glimpse, Sebastian's body was thrown against the wall.

Anne with all energy she had left at that moment, finished the job and cast Incdendio, finally ridding of all Inferi.

I didn't know what to do, I just stood there frozen as everything unfolded.

Anne destroying the spellbook. Anne ran to her uncle's side in tears. Anne's final words to her brother.

"You've made your choice."

And with that, she disapparated with her uncle's body.

Everything was silent and I could barely hear as Sebastian muttered, "oh, Anne. What have you done?"

--------