Chapter 3 [Book 2]

Sebastian's POV

-

I watched as Y/N left the Room of Requirement, the grin I wore immediately dropped as I pulled out a letter from under my robes. 

The crest of entangled silver snakes stared at me. The crest of the Gaunts. 

I ripped the envelope open and unravelled the letter, reading every word in every line before my hopeful expression turned into anger as my grip tightened, both sides scrunching up before I ripped the letter entirely in half. 

"Fucking Gaunts!" 

I stormed my way to the fireplace, throwing the remains of the letter into the fire as I watched it burst into flames. 

The nerve of the Gaunts to mock my desire of wanting to save my sister. 

Over the last months since the murder of my uncle, I had not stopped searching for a new way to cure Anne. Going back to everything I had discovered, it seemed all hope was lost with the destruction of the relic.

Until I learned in my research over the summer about the Deathly Hallows, more importantly, the resurrection stone. 

A stone that was said to be the only object that would bring back the spirits of the holder's deceased loved ones, activating when the Stone was turned three times in the user's hand. 

While I knew that it couldn't directly cure Anne, it could bring back the man who cursed her. 

I remember the day Y/N had sat with me to reveal that the day Anne was cursed was not what I had assumed. The goblins had nothing to do with her curse, except it was done at the hands of Victor Rookwood. 

So, I figured, by having the stone in my possession, I could press Rookwood for answers on how to cure Anne.

I thought it would've been simple when I brought it up to Ominis as a matter of "curiosity", he told me that the stone was now in his family's possession. This fact caught my attention since I figured obtaining the stone will be easier since I am familiar with the Gaunts.

So, rushing to the Owlery, I hastily wrote a letter to Ominis' father, neglecting the fact that my best friend was far gone divided from his family. 

And now, I am sitting on the couch, head in my hands. 

What I believed to be a simple request, proved to be more challenging with Ominis' father's flat-out refusal to lend me the stone. 

I suppose if they won't give it to me then I will take it for myself. 

For Anne.

-

I apologise for the super short chapter. I really just wanted this Sebastian POV to be a sort of recap of context and I wasn't expecting it to be this short. 

But don't worry, upcoming chapters will be the normal length of everything else.

If you think book 2 should be more Sebastian POVs than Reader POVs, vote and comment.