Chapter 10 [Book 2]

"Ominis!"

With minute, sluggish steps, Ominis started to make his way towards us, but in fear of what he heard, he didn't even think to use his wand as I painfully watched as Ominis stumbled over chairs and tables in the Common Room, his hands swinging everywhere in a way to navigate himself.

At the same time, he was just shouting, "why? Sebastian why?!"

I couldn't bear to watch him stagger like that.

As I was about to go to him, an image flashed in front of me. A little girl revolving around, running as she stumbled over a trash can and crying out.

I clutched my head in pain at what I just saw and let out a pained shout.

"Y/N!"

Both Ominis and Sebastian called out.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Ominis continued, his arms outstretched in a way to reach me.

So I ran to him and grabbed him by the elbow as he swivelled his head in surprise.

"Y/N!"

I hushed, "it's me Ominis. It's just me."

"Are you okay?"

I nodded, "it's fine, just a small headache", a lie.

All the panic went quiet as I cautiously led Ominis to where Sebastian stood and once we reached him, no one said a word.

"Um", Sebastian started.

"Y/N, tell me where his face is so my fist can have a meeting with it", Ominis interrupted.

I let out a shaky laugh, "perhaps not the best idea Omi."

I watched as the corners of his mouth turned up slightly, and a gentle smile appeared at the use of his nickname, knowing you were trying your best to lighten the situation.

But what was there to lighten?

"Ominis I -"

He held a hand up, "no, Sebastian, stop."

Ominis breathed out unsteadily as he tried to gather his words without breaking.

"J-just", his voice cracked as the words trapped themselves in his throat, not wanting to leave.

I squeezed his hand for a moment, to let him know that he wasn't alone. That I was by his side no matter what.

I knew for sure. I'm siding with Ominis in this situation.

He took a deep breath in and exhaled.

"J-just tell me. Are. Are you really exchanging letters with my father?"

Sebastian didn't use any words just nodded.

"Words Sebastian", Ominis pleaded, "I need words."

"Yes", Sebastian whispered.

I felt Ominis stumble back a bit like he was just hit with a curse as I quickly caught him by the arm before he collapsed to the ground.

"I-I can't. Y/N make me leave."

"Ominis-"

"Please", he choked out.

I nodded as I guided him out of the Common Room, it would only be a few hours until everyone else woke up. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were already awake due to the commotion from us.

I didn't dare to look back at Sebastian, despite how guilty he may be right now, I didn't look back.

Once we reached just outside of the Common Room, I looked around, thinking of where to go next. Then, I remembered there is only one place we could go.