Chapter 12 [Book 1]

After the events in Feldcroft, Hogwarts has been pretty tame in regard to adventure, minus a few events here and there.

After a long time, I decided it was finally time to eat with my friends in the Great Hall. With everything that was happening, I haven't had a chance to eat properly, well at least anything nice and hot out of the kitchen.

Sebastian had snuck food back to the Common Room since he was the only person to know about what was happening.

But his choices of food definitely wouldn't compare to the feast usually displayed and on cue, I felt my stomach growl.

Entering the Great Hall, the atmosphere was full of bustling conversations and students indulging in the delicious foods. Taking a seat, I was about to stuff food into my mouth until the sounds of familiar voices arguing caught my attention.

So ditching my beautiful plate, I went to investigate and correct to my suspicion, I saw Ominis and Sebastian arguing just off the side of the hall.

As I got closer, it seemed that Ominis' voice got louder, "anything to do with the Dark Arts should be avoided. It's too risky."

Sebastian on the other hand was firm in his tone, "anything to do with Salazar Slytherin is worth the risk."

Ominis shook his head towards Sebastian, "I can't agree, and I'll not say a word more. I'm sorry", walking away.

"I won't give up!" Sebastian shouted, hoping Ominis would hear.

Once Ominis walked away, I spoke up, "what were you and Ominis speaking about?"

"He's being ridiculous. Apparently, Salazar Slytherin had a secret scriptorium here in Hogwarts. Ominis swears it was used for the Dark Arts, so he wants nothing to do with it."

He continued to rant about how Anne needed a cure and Salazar's scriptorium could potentially have the solution for it.

"The Dark Arts do pique my interest", is all I could say.

From conversing with Sebastian, I finally learnt why Ominis was so hesitant with the Dark Arts and I could completely understand his straying from it. Having to cast the Cruciatas curse as a child upon someone else must've been horrible to experience.

"We must find the scriptorium. Wait for my owl, I'll see you later", he bid his goodbyes and left.

So I happily took my seat at the Slytherin table with my date of food eyeing, just waiting to be eaten.

As I was eating, I noticed Ominis eating not too far away from me and I couldn't help but think about his past and horrible it must've been, especially being a direct descendant of Salazar Slytherin. No wonder he barely interacts with his family.

After attending your day of classes, I headed back to the Common Room to turn in for the day, not until a majestic owl flew in and dropped a letter in front of me.

I thanked the bird with a treat before it flew back to its owner.

I pressed Ominis regarding Salazar Slytherin's scriptorium, but my efforts were in vain. Meet me outside the Slytherin common room. We need to talk.

Sebastian

I hurriedly put the letter in my bedside table drawer before throwing on my Slytherin robe to meet Sebastian.

Once he saw me, I saw him let out a breath of relief, "you're here. Brilliant.'

"I received your owl. What happened with Ominis?"

"I told him none of us will be able to avoid Dark Magic forever. So the more we know about Salazar Slytherin and the Darks Arts, the better prepared we'll be."