Chapter 12 [Book 2]

I woke to someone gently shaking my shoulder, my eyes blinked a few times to see Ominis holding a plate of assorted pastries.

"Hey, sleepy."

"How long was I ought."

"Missed the first two classes actually."

I looked over at the table to see textbooks, rolls of parchment, quills and bottles of ink. Classwork.

"Told the Professors you were ill, which made sense to them."

I guess it did. I wasn't surprised because, for those few weeks, I had many of my Professors come up to me and ask if I was okay, if something was happening in my personal life, the whole package of it.

My reply each time was a tight smile and saying, 'I'm quite alright, Professor.'

"Have some food", Ominis reached out to your hand as he carefully put the plate into the hand he grabbed.

"Thank you, Ominis."

"You're welcome. I've got Charms now, but you stay here. I'll bring any classwork."

I nodded as he left the Room of Requirement. I guess his words meant that I wouldn't be attending any more classes for the rest of the day.

This must've been the first time in my life that I have missed my classes and it felt weird, not going to something I was expected to go to.

I spent the rest of the day laying around and eventually had another nap, but this one wasn't dreamless like the other one as images of that girl I saw earlier searching frantically around in the rain, as she cried out, but now, I could clearly hear what she was crying out.

"Mummy! Mum!"

My eyebrows furrowed as my face contorted in painful expressions as small whimpers escaped my lips. The image changed to the girl crouching in an alleyway, her face wet with tears and rain as a shadow covered where she looked up to see a woman holding an umbrella over her head.

The image shifted again to where the woman and the girl stood in front of a small house.

The woman bent her knees to level herself with the girl, "my name is Mary Wool."

She stroke the girls head, "don't worry sweetie. My husband and I will take care of you."

She held her hand out which the little girl took, bringing her into the small house, where a few other kids also resided.

My eyes snapped open as I sat up fast, beads of sweat formed on my forehead.

"Orphanage", I whispered.

I really thought I had forgotten my past because to this day, I could never recall a single memory. The most recent things I clearly remembered was when I was wandering around the streets of London and Professor Fig had approached me.

That was the day I found out I was a witch. I was what, fourteen?

I conjured a bowl of water which I splashed on my face in an attempt to wake myself up and rid myself of the memories that have recently been popping up.

The walls opened and in walked in Ominis.

"Feeling better?"

I sighed, slightly frustrated, "in a way."

He took a seat next to me.

"What's been happening with you lately?"

I groaned, "where do I even start."

"How about the headaches that aren't really headaches?"

"Right", I nodded.

"I don't really know how to explain it. Recently, I've been getting these memories, they mostly just happen unforeseen."

"Of your past."

"Yeah", it was still hard to wrap my head around it.

"Why now?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out."

I began to think back on times where something might've triggered the memories to start, but nothing came to mind. It couldn't have been the kiss with Ashok because that doesn't make sense.

"Sebastian."

Ominis raised a brow, "what about him?"

"Most of these memories seemed to have started when he went off the rails. But more importantly..."

I inhaled sharply, "with the letters."

"Oh."

Ominis slumped back into the couch as he ran a hand over his face.

"I still can't believe he's talking with my father, when he knows what has happened to me."

"I know and I'm so sorry Ominis."

He shook his head, "it's alright, you didn't know."

"How-"

He let out a ghostly laugh, "I highly doubt Sebastian would've told you, not matter how much you to pleasure each other."

I blushed, "wait what?"

He shook his head again as he began to wag his finger teasingly.

"Don't think I know my friends voices, plus you two where pretty loud in that library."

My blushed only deepened, sweet merlin, please I hope he stops. Oh my god, Salazar please make him stop. He's your descendant.

"Ominis please", I begged him to stop.

He just continued to tease, recounting some of my words in a squeaky, high pitched voice. A poor attempt at impersonating me.

"Oh Sebastian, just pleasure me you fucker."

I covered ears as I frantically shook my head, my body rocking back and forth.

"Merlin, please just make it stop."

He burst out laughing, "okay, okay, I will."

I turned to glare at him, "you really couldn't have just left us alone."

He held his hands up in defence, "no my fault you two were loud. Any student looking for a book in that area would've heard you."

I groaned, "fine, no library then."

He then looked around the Room of Requirement.

"Why not take him here."

I rolled my eyes and looked away trying to make it seem that I haven't already done so.

"Oh you have, haven't you."

"What?! No!"

"Well, that was quite defensive."

The two of us then went into silence.

"So what's going to happen now. Between the two of you?"

I sighed sadly, I hadn't thought about that.

"I don't know."

Ominis then spoke up.

"Give it some time, it's clear you two belong together and perhaps, when this whole thing blows over, you guys can be together again."

"I guess", it was now your turn.

"So what's going to happen between you two?"

Ominis lips pursed.

"I'm mad at him that's for sure, but I suppose there must be a good reason for all of this and when I find out what it is, then maybe I'll forgive him."

"I guess."

We then fell back in a comfortable silence as we both began to work on classwork.

I'm hoping there's an explanation to all of this.

I don't want to lose him.
—————
Omg, double updates😱😱😱

I do apologise though for the lack of drama in the last few chapters, especially the lack of Sebastian.

But I promise, our boy will return!!!