Chapter 14 [Book 1]

"We made it. We found Salazar Slytherin's scriptorium."

I let out a gasp, I had honestly never seen a room scriptorium quite like this, it was lavishly built, with two floors with walls cascading with tapestries and eloquently decorated with statues.

"I can't believe we're here", Ominis let out a gasp of his own.

I walked towards the centrepiece sat between the stairs and noticed a very interesting book that I'm sure will catch the attention of the boys.

"Sebastian. Ominis. There's a book. Just here."

I picked up the book and examined its context, sure enough, it was full of spells, page after page after page. But then again, I couldn't be too sure.

"You found something?" Sebastian asked as Ominis added.

"You two go ahead - let me know what's in it. I'll just wander around a bit."

I knew it wasn't just a wander around for Ominis. He has found a scriptorium belonging to his ancestor and the same scriptorium that his Aunt lost her life to. I knew he wanted answers or just needed to be away from it.

I headed upstairs to where Sebastian was doing his own investigation, handing him the book.

"What do you think?"

Sebastian examined it closely himself and sure enough.

"Looks like a spellbook of some kind. This is incredible. A Hogwarts Founder's possession - what an honour."

"So what are you going to do with it?" I inquired.

Sebastian let out a laugh, "read it of course. Having Professors as parents teach you these kinds of things. For now let's do a little exploring", he spoke as he pocketed the book in his robe.

As I explored some more, looking through chests and other books collecting dust, Ominis called out from the lower half of the scriptorium.

"I've been getting an uneasy feeling about this place. We shouldn't linger here. Let's find a way out, please."

Sebastian and I looked at each before silently agreeing and began to look for a way to exit this place. But it was obvious Sebastian wanted to stay a little longer.

"As much as I want to stay - I owe this, to both of you. Without both of you, we'd never have made it this far."

I heard a groan coming up the stairs, "we were lucky - we could have died - we must swear never to do this again."

The three of us ended up standing in front of a giant statue, which so happened when I touched it turned into a rotating door which Ominis hurriedly went into and as Sebastian and I were about to join, the door rotated Ominis left me and Sebastian to wait.

Once it turned back, Sebastian and I squeezed into its confined space, the gap between was quite close as I could feel Sebastian's breath. Awkwardness hung in the air as the simple rotation felt like it took forever.

Unfortunately, we happened to leave at the same time, making us get caught in one another and fall, landing with a thud.

"Are you two alright?"

"Ugh, we're good."

I got up, to notice that I had returned back to the Slytherin dungeons and Ominis leaning against a pillar, head hung in shame.

Sebastian was the first to speak up, "listen Ominis - about your aunt."

"Please, Sebastian", Ominis begged, "I meant what I said before. We swear right now never to engage in anything to do with Dark Magic again."

Sebastian could only give up in defeat, not wanting to argue with his best friend.

"Understood. I'm truly sorry about your aunt, Ominis."

Ominis sighed, "I suppose after all this, I am grateful to know what happened to her. Thank you", as he walked off.

Sebastian and I followed back to the Common Room, all three of us walking in comfortable silence.

Once we all entered the Common Room, Ominis immediately headed up to the dormitories, not even bidding the two of us good nights. I just stared at Sebastian, waiting for him to speak up.

But alas, he didn't, so I did.

"Why wouldn't you cast the Cruciatas curse on me? I can take it you know."

He just stared at me.

Not a single word left his mouth.

Instead, he walked towards me, his brown eyes piercing my own before he stood only a few centimetres apart from me.

I asked again.

"Why? Why were you so adamant about taking the curse?"

He sighed, "I didn't want to see you hurt."

I could only scoff, "bullshit."

His voice hardened, "it's true."

"You said it yourself, it was just a damned spell, so why, why didn't you do it?"

I saw his eyes quickly flicker to my lips before they returned to staring into my eyes.

"I didn't want to see you hurt", he said again, hitting each word with a hard tone before raising a hand to rub my cheek and then leaving to go to the boys' dormitories.

I reached my hand to my cheek, feeling the lingering warmth of his hand as I turned back to see him walking away.

What was that?'

I had never seen him act that way towards me, it has never felt so serious before.

I shook my head and went to go sleep myself, but I couldn't, the earlier scene kept me up all night and I didn't sleep a wink.

The next day continued as normal, I attended class and completed assignments provided by the Professors to catch up. But I could hardly focus as the previous night's events kept running through my head.

Just the thought of my interaction with Sebastian caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach, I didn't think I'd ever feel this way before and now, I went back to remembering how he potentially sacrificed his position as a student to save me from getting caught in the library.

But I knew I couldn't feel this way, not with everything happening.

Shaking my head one last time, I went on with the rest of my day.

---------

Omg, finally getting some romance in this book. I honestly was so proud writing this, especially since I'm saving all the good romance for later on in sixth year.

Definitely going to try and finish this book as fast as I can so I can start writing the other ones.

I hope you guys enjoyed this little bit of romance, please tell me what you think about it.

Also I don't know about the rest of the world, but Happy Mardi Gras for my fellow Australians <<<<<3333