Chapter 16 [Book 1]

Feeling my body shift, a sudden soreness spread throughout my body.

"Well, this is quite the sight isn't it?"

My eyes immediately flickered open to see Imelda and Ominis standing in front of you, or well at least Imelda was right in front of you.

She looked over at Ominis who was sort off on the side and pulled him in front of you.

In a dazed confusion, I suddenly felt a heavy weight on my chest lift as a certain student's body fell onto my lap, startling him awake.

"What, I'm listening Professor?!"

The students I called friends let out a few laughs and giggles at Sebastian's choice of words waking up.

He looked around confused at his surroundings until his eyes landed on me, a blush creeping to his cheeks.

"Good morning Sebastian", I spoke with confidence hiding the fact I was quite nervous waking up to him.

He let out a cough, "um, yes, good morning to you too, Y/N."

He quickly stood up, patting off imaginary dust before dismissing himself and running off to the dormitories.

Imelda then spoke to me, "you know you're usually the last to leave the dormitories, so I found it quite odd you weren't in bed."

A smirk appeared on her face, "nice to know you were getting cozy with Sallow."

This caused my cheeks to get a tad warm as I began to splutter with some excuses. Ominis was next to speak up.

"I may not be able to see, but I sure as hell know that nonsense of excuses isn't enough to cover that blush."

"Whatever", I said as I too dismissed myself, but instead made my way to the Undercroft to get some practice in with my magic before class.

As I was finishing up for the day, I received a letter from Sebastian, detailing a lead on the relic that could help Anne. So, getting ready, I left to meet Sebastian at a catacomb location he mentioned.

Jogging my way through the Forbidden Forrest, managing to avoid some poachers and Ranrok loyalists, I saw a familiar Slytherin robe standing in front of the catacomb, who noticed me making my way towards him.

"You're here. Good."

"Sebastian, the relic you mentioned - "

Interrupting my sentence, he mentioned a report he found of a Slytherin student who happened to stumble upon the relic whilst researching for an assignment. However, the student was not permitted to take the relic, thus, Sebastian believed it still existed in the catacomb.

"If it's in the catacomb, I have to find it. For Anne. I need to see her."

Agreeing that this is important for him and I would love an excuse to see Anne again, the two of us entered the catacomb.

Not before Sebastian mentioned, "Ominis has been asking about you. You didn't tell him what we were doing, did you?"

I shook my head, "I didn't. I promise."

Entering the catacomb, I was hit with the smell of obviously, dead people, which prompted Sebastian to make a really 'great' comment.

"I'm sure that foul smell is the scent of success - try not to lose your nerve just yet."

I just ignored him and continued to make my way through the many openings of the catacomb.

Just nearly avoiding a large group of spiders, I discovered my first puzzle, an altar with a pile of bones on it.

"How lovely", I spoke, eyeing the pile of bones.

Looking around I noticed a giant barricade with part of an archway made of bones present, though, most of the archway was missing.

Also discovered a page from, what I assumed, was the student, which I showed to Sebastian.

"Looks like part of a student's diary. It mentions plans to return for the relic and conjuring barricades using bones."

Sebastian added to my discovery, "the student summary referenced a space beyond the Great Room. Which means this can't be the end."

"Let's divide and conquer. You work on sorting out the bone barricades, I'll look around and see what we missed."

Just as I was about to go and work on the bone barricades, I remembered to mention something else I discovered in the diary entry.

"It does mention something else - it says their next assignment was learning the Imperius Curse."

I could've sworn I saw a slight bit of glee appear on his face, but I couldn't tell if it was a trick of the eyes as it happened and went so quickly.

"Really? Interesting", he spoke, "well, let's just focus on moving beyond this room."

I simply nodded in agreement and by investigating the room, in chests and catacombs, I continued to find more piles of bones that I simply put together were meant to be put on the obviously incomplete archway.

So casting accio I put the piles of bones back into their position, which, once completed, allowed the barricade to disapparate. Going through the entrance, I continued to find two more puzzles with the same bone barricades, which were quick to solve.

Looking through what I believe was the final pathway to the relic, Sebastian complimented my skills, perhaps not in the best way.

"I knew you could do it, I can feel it in my bones ~ "

I simply just rolled my eyes and made my way through.

Sebastian and I stood in front of a massive door, which I can only assume leads to the room where the relic resides. I was about to go in but Sebastian's voice interrupted me.

"Before we trudge on further, I've just realised something."

I turned towards him, gesturing for him to continue.

"The student's diary mentioned the Imperius Curse. I wouldn't be surprised if we're going to need it here. It's an unforgivable, but I can teach you if you want?"

This caught my attention, "how do you know the Imperius Curse?"

I could see the clear shock on his face, he definitely wasn't expecting you to confront him about his own solo education.

He spluttered an explanation, but nonetheless, I agreed to him teaching me, knowing that it could be useful when needed.

After he taught me the spell, I entered the door, only to find, yet another puzzle.

But after easily passing through it, I was faced with a very large group of spiders, which to my dismay, I knew had to go through.

Once I had defeated them, I finally entered the last room, which seemed to present nothing.

"Dead end. Lovely."

I looked to the end to see a weird pyramid object and a page, "Sebastian, wait look."

After reading the page, I had finally come across the very thing we were looking for. Picking up the relic I showed it to him.

"It's the relic", I exclaimed.

After I discussed the student's findings of the relic, and of course, shared with Sebastian's glee for finding it. I handed it to Sebastian for safekeeping.

"I must keep this relic a secret. Especially from my uncle."

We began to exit our way out of the catacomb. But a familiar figure seemed to stop us.

"Is that Ominis?"

--------

Dun dun dun.