Chapter 21 [Book 1]

Sebastian POV

Sebastian

Once I had signed my name, I gave my letter to my beautiful snowy owl with a treat and watched her fly away to Y/N.

Once I felt like she had received the letter, I headed out to our meeting point.

Just outside the Slytherin Common Room, I leaned against the wall, one foot against it as I fidgeted with my robe's sleeves, awaiting the arrival of a certain fifth-year.

Looking up, I finally saw them and let out a sigh, 'looking just as beautiful as ever.'

Standing up straight, I let out a cough, "you're here. Brilliant."

"I received your owl. What happened with Ominis?"

"I told him none of us will be able to avoid Dark Magic forever. So the more we know about Salazar Slytherin and the Darks Arts, the better prepared we'll be."

"But?"

"Unfortunately, only a Gaunt knows the location of the scriptorium's entrance and Ominis won't tell me."

I watched as you thought for a second, "perhaps I should have a chat with Ominis."

This immediately shocked me. Honestly, if I, his best friend, couldn't be able to convince them, how was I so sure that you, a new student could?

"You? I suppose it's worth a try, but don't get your hopes up. Ominis is annoyingly stubborn. Nothing new."

Fixing my posture, I began to speak with confidence in hopes of giving them some encouragement because they're going to need all the luck they can get, "I know where he is. I'll lead you to him and then leave you to it. Come on."

I immediately headed out of the dungeons, occasionally looking behind to make sure you were still following me as the quiet night air was filled with our banter.

"Keep an eye out. Never know who's watching - although that hasn't stopped us before", I recounted with a deep laugh.

You raised your brow at me, "strictly speaking, it has. We were caught."

I let a frustrated growl, "damned poltergeist - such a nuisance."

Seriously though, he was such a nuisance. I could've had a fantastic adventure with you looking for that book you wanted and a cure for Anne, plus, having you alone, would've been a perfect time to get to know you.

"Fucking Peeves", I muttered.

"What was that?" You asked.

"Oh, nothing."

As we rounded a corner, I was right when I saw Ominis standing at the end of the corridor.

I turned to you, "there he is. Good luck."

You nodded at me with a smile and went off to hopefully, persuade Ominis.

I started to pace back and forth, occasionally peeking at your progress with him and no matter how quiet the hallway was with just us three, your conversation with Ominis was so hushed, I couldn't tell if you were being successful or not.

Finally, I saw you turn around and call out to me.

"Sebastian, over here!"

Bloody hell, if you managed to convince Ominis, then you are one hell of a witch.

I stood staring at you whilst Ominis explained how to enter the scriptorium, blah, blah, blah.

As you went on to figure out how to open the entrance to the scriptorium, I turned to Ominis with a glare.