Chapter 8 [Book 2]

Drama up ahead

-

Without opening my eyes, the sudden Ashok was lifted and it didn't even take much to recognise that voice belonged to Sebastian. 

"Get the fuck off of her, you prick!"

"Argh!"

My eyes snapped open to see Ashok sprawled on the floor clutching his stomach as Sebastian got on top of him and started to beat him to a pulp.

"Sebastian!" 

I cried out, running to pry him off from murdering a second person.

I was scared at his reaction, after everything that happened last year, I really thought he and I would share a perfect year together. But he just saw red and disregarded your presence. 

"Sebastian", I pried, "get off of him!"

He just growled and shoved me back, my body landing hard on the ground with a thud.

I could feel my heart pounding in my ears, as I clutched my side, pain surging where I landed. I stared at the scene in front of me horrified. 

Never had I ever thought Sebastian would touch me, violently obviously. 

I grabbed my wand and shakily held it at Sebastian. 

I just wanted it to stop.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

That was when he finally stopped, unwillingly of course.

I breathed out heavily with my wand pointed at him, unsure if I should remove the charm because if I did, he most certainly would go to beating Ashok again.

"I can't see you. But promise me that when I remove this charm, you step away from Ash. Ok?"

Mistake number 1, using a nickname.

Mistake number 2, removing the charm.

Because once I removed the charm, Sebastian grabbed Ashok's collar and threw up against the wall, his wand pointed at his neck.

I ran to them and pointed my own wand at Sebastian. 

"Get. Off."

He continued to glare at Ashok before reluctantly letting him go and stepping back as Ashok fell to the ground clutching his throat and gasping for air. 

"What is wrong with you?!"

Sebastian didn't say anything, just continued to death stare at your fellow prefect who in turn was also glaring back.

"What are you even doing out at this hour?"

This seemed to catch Sebastian off guard as he turned towards me and began to splutter a string of excuses, which was just a stutter of words.

"Well - I, um."

I glared at him, "Sebastian. What. Are. You. Doing. Out?"

It was then that I notice something poking out from under his robe, so working fast, I snatched the object from his possession and to my shock, it was a letter, but the seal on the front was very recognisable to me. 

"The Gaunt seal?"

"No! Don't!"

I ripped the letter open much to Sebastian's protests and my eyes scanned every single word as I got more frustrated and angry with every line I read.

I threw the letter at him which just fell to his feet.

"What is this?!" I shouted.

The contents of the letter made me fume. After the incident last year, I really thought he was over finding a cure for Anne, but how wrong I was.