Chapter 2 [Book 2]

Today, I decided it was 'relax day', so here I was sitting on a couch I had recently conjured in the Room of Requirement reading a book with the fireplace cackling in the background. 

Deeply engrossed in Pride and Prejudice, a muggle book I had asked Professor Weasley to get for me after hearing a Gryffindor muggle student praise it and to my surprise, I had quite enjoyed it, now reading it for the fifth time.

I hadn't noticed someone sneak up on me until I felt a pair of lips land on my cheek. 

Surprised, I shut the book before hitting the mystery person hard on the head.

"Oh, fuck", he shouted, clutching his head which had just been brutally taken out by a book.

"Oh my god! Sebastian!" I quickly ran to him, examining where I had hit him.

"I am so sorry", I repeated profusely. 

Sebastian, who was possibly concussed at this point, just let out a laugh before patting my head, "it's quite alright, love."

He let out a groan, "but, damn, you've got quite the strength in you."

He took my hand and guided me to the couch before collapsing, my head falling onto his chest. 

"Argh", he let out, realising he had landed on top of the book that he got beat with, digging his hand underneath from him, he pulled out the book I was engrossed in not moments ago. 

"Pride and Prejudice?" He spoke confused, not hearing of its name before.

"It's a muggle book", I smiled. 

"You really seem to be sticking your noses in the whole library lately haven't you"."

He laughed as he looked to his right where a new room had made itself appear recently, a library full of books that could rival what was present at Tomes and Scrolls.

"So, tell me what it's about?"

Wearing a huge smile on my face, I began to summarise everything I knew and loved about the famed book which turned into a huge rave.

Sebastian, who I didn't realise stopped listening to a moment ago just stared down as a piece of hair fell in front of my eyes and immediately, he reached out to brush it away, causing me to stop talking as I stared into his eyes. 

Quickly flicking his eyes from my eyes to my lips and back to my eyes again, he brushed my hair behind my ear before cupping my face as he tilted my head up to meet his lips with mine.

I smiled into the kiss, threading my fingers through his hair. The two of us pulled away as we wore huge grins on our faces.

"Been a while since we kissed", he mentioned.

"Hm", I sighed.

"Why? What is it?"

I pecked him on the nose before getting up and heading to go tend to my Thestrals.

"Is it me? Am I losing my touch?"

Choosing to tease him longer, I quickly poked my head from the door smirking at him and throwing a wink before ducking back inside. Crouching down, I fed pellets to the young Thestral as I could hear Sebastian having a low-key freakout. 

Chuckling, I headed back into the main area of the Room of Requirement, leaning against the bottom of the stairs "aw, did I hurt your ego?"

Sebastian stopped and turned around, taking in my appearance, "why you little minx."

He walked up to me and when he was about to pull me in for another kiss, I held a hand to his face.

"No more, I've got to go meet Poppy at Diagon Alley."

Sebastian let out a disappointed sigh as he backed away and sat on the couch sulking, to which I rolled my eyes.

He then turned to me, "you do seem to be meeting Poppy a lot more than usual. Is there something going on?"

I tensed, it wasn't just meeting Poppy as Anne was also going to be there, but Sebastian wasn't about to know, so I lied.

"No, nothing, just want to catch up as much until the new school year starts, plus stock up on things I need."

Looking unconvinced as he noticed my moment of tension, Sebastian just shrugged and waved me off. I smiled, quickly giving him a kiss on the cheek before leaving and heading off to the Leaky Cauldron.

Walking through the doors, I looked around to see the Leaky Cauldron as busy as ever, full of students who stayed over for the summer, parents dining with their children who will be attending Hogwarts for the first time and casual goers enjoying a cup of butterbeer.

"Y/n!" 

My attention was brought to the back where Poppy and Anne were sitting in a booth, that was when I noticed, a familiar mop of blonde hair next to Anne, his wand laid on the table.

Walking up to them, my suspicions were made when I saw the figure's face.

"Ominis?!"

I took the empty seat next to Poppy as I stared between the three of them, very much confused and sort of panicked.

Anne was the first to start.

"Um, I had some thought and well, Ominis deserves to know what happened."

She began to explain how with much thought, eventually sent a letter to meet today before me and Poppy had arrived where she explained everything that happened from her being cured to living with the Sweetings.

I looked over at Ominis who wore no obvious expression, so I wasn't really sure how he felt about all this. 

Once Anne's explanation was over the three of us stared at Ominis, waiting for his reaction.

He simply just shrugged.

"It's understandable why you didn't say anything, but I just wish you told me of all people, but I waited what 4 months?"

Anne took hold of Ominis' hand, "I'm sorry, Ominis. I wanted to tell you, I really did, but during those times, I was still quite unhealthy."

I watched the interaction present in front of me as Ominis squeezed Anne's hand and offered to buy butterbeer for everyone. 

Holding up my hand, I headed to the bar and ordered four butterbeer, using my wand to float them in front of everyone as we all took sips and chattered in full swing.

------

Oooo, Ominis knows now about Anne. All who's left is Sebastian, though that's going to take a while.

I hope you've been enjoying this book so far, please bear with me for the first few chapters which will be setting up the story.