Chapter 7 [Book 2]

Drama and a cliffhanger (sort of) coming up my lovelies.

-

"Good afternoon, Persephone"."

I smiled as the Kneazle rubbed herself against my leg.

I bent down to her and gave her a quick brush and some food as she purred in delight.

"She's really taken a liken to you!"

I snapped my head up at the sudden voice to see my best friend staring down at me, her face beaming with joy at being in her favourite class.

That's when I noticed, "you cut your hair!"

Poppy immediately a hand to her hair, fiddling with the ends, her hair now back at its previous bob length.

"Yeah, long hair is quite a nuisance with the creatures."

She went on to explain about all the times her hair got in the way, a Niffler grabbed a paw full of it and began to yank, her hair would fly in her face when flying on Highwing and one time, some Puffskein saliva had gotten on her hair and apparently, it took forever to wash out.

The two of us laughed at her many stories involving her long hair and honestly, I like her hair shorter.

"I bet Garreth likes it", I pointed out.

She blushed. Of all the times she teased me about Sebastian, she never let me have the chance to tease her about Garreth.

Honestly, watching those two was so difficult. Poppy was way too shy and Garreth, was well, Garreth.

It honestly didn't matter how many times, Natty, Imedla and I tried to get Poppy to make moves because they would just fly over Garreth's head, much like a quaffle missing the goal.

Poppy just sighed and went to pet Persephone. I gave her a comforting smile as a wrapped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her into a side hug.

The day had finally ended, and I headed back to the common room where I shrugged my robe off and collapsed on a couch and leaned my head on its back, feeling more relaxed than ever. I was so glad that nothing out of the ordinary has occurred as of yet, but I sure as hell didn't want to jinx that.

The past few weeks have been amazing, I felt like I could finally enjoy a year of schooling without any interrupts.

Although, perhaps being relaxed had let my guard down as I didn't notice someone hiding in the dark watching as my chest rose up and down with every heaving breath.

I quite nearly jumped out of my skin as I felt a hand play with the ends of my hair and turned to see Ashok standing there with a stupid grin on his face as he burst out laughing.

"Oh Great Salazar, that reaction was perfect", I could only glare at him which immediately made him stop.

"Ahem, right so it's time to do our rounds."

I looked over at the grandfather clock on the side and realised time had gone by much faster than I thought.

Throwing my robe back on, I headed out the door with Ashok following behind.

"So...how are you and Sebastian going?"

I looked at him in surprise, not expecting that was how we were going to start tonight's conversation.

"Oh, you know", I trailed on.

Honestly, I had no idea what was going on between him and me.

Just like he read my mind, "you don't know do you?"

I looked down at the ground as I slightly nodded.

"I guess we just never talked about it."

I felt a hand lift my chin as I stared into those blue-grey orbs that lured me the first time I saw them on the train.

"Well, talk to me then."

"Huh."

"Y/N, can't you see."

I shook my head in confusion.

I could only watch as he smirked and brought his head down closer to me and my breath hitched, feeling his breathing on my ear as he whispered words that I didn't want to hear.

"He's using you. You're just his plaything. But me, I'll show you off, make sure everyone knows your mine."

He's using you.

That's impossible. I mean, Sebastian and I had not spent a moment away from each other, we kissed, and cuddled, so we're basically dating, right? Right?!

"No, he's not. He can't."

Ashok pulled away, rubbing my cheek, "oh sweet, poor Y/N. Has he ever taken you on a date? Publicly?"

You were ashamed to answer.

"No.'

"Has he even asked you out?"

"No."

I looked down, the tears threatening to spill out from how right Ashok was right now.

"Y/N, look at me."

I did.

"Can't you see, he's hiding you. He's ashamed of you."

It was at that point that I stopped listening to him. I didn't want to hear any more of what he said, but I probably should've because then I would've noticed him getting closer to me. Then I would've noticed as a pair of lips landed on mine.

I immediately snapped out of my trance as a tried to get Ashok off of me, my hands pressed on his chest, putting pressure to push him off.

But, it was hopeless. I was too vulnerable from the words he told me about Sebastian.

He continued to kiss me deeper as he pushed me into the wall.

I had no more strength in me.

"Get the fuck off of her, you prick!"