Chapter 19 [Book 2]

Time for some romance <3

-

"Alright class, today we will be honing our transfiguration skills and turning a feather duster into a ferret", Professor Weasley addressed us. 

"Remember to speak the incantation clearly with precise wand movements."

She gave a quick demonstration before gesturing us to have a go ourselves.

The room erupted in everyone attempting the spell, some more successful than others as I looked over to Garreth who had transfigured the feather duster into a skunk instead which didn't go unnoticed by his aunt.

"Garreth", she narrowed her eyes at him.

He sheepishly smiled whilst rubbing the back of his neck, "sorry Aunt 'Tilda."

She took her attention away from him, eyeing each of her students, praising most whilst reprimanding others. 

"Alright, class dismissed! Enjoy dinner, everyone."

A chorus of thank you's was heard as everyone left to the Great Hall and took their respective seats at their house tables. Here I sat next to Ominis whose pure attention was on Anne.

As I dug into my meal, I could hear Anne blowing her fringe to get it to sit straight, her hands fidgeting with it.

"Anne, stop for a second", I stopped my meal and watched as Anne listened to Ominis' words and put her hands in her lap and Ominis slowly and carefully reached out in an attempt to fix his fringe for her.

Unfortunately, his attempt didn't help much and Anne's fringe was more out of place than before, all let out tiny giggles but it was quite sweet to see Ominis try for her. 

"Here", I reached over and flattened Anne's fringe returning them to its straight appearance, she giggled, "thanks Y/N."

When I sat back, I could see a slight pout on Ominis, which Anne noticed too.

She then stroked his hair, "you did a very good job too, Ominis."

We all giggled again because right now, Ominis seemed like a very adorable Crup at the moment. 

Sebastian then threw a piece of grape at the two of them, "alright, that's enough."

Anne fired back, "please brother, I never say anything to you and Y/N."

He immediately blushed and withdrew, not wanting to hear what else his sister was prepared to blast at him. 

I smiled at his reaction, "want me to stroke your hair too?"

He looked away and mumbled a small yes and our entire group laughed at him. 

The rest of dinner was a grand time, we exchanged conversations and jokes and at one point, Garreth, Poppy, Natty and Amit had join us. Once Professor Black dismissed us, I went through with Sebastian's request and waited for him in the courtyard. 

As I walked out into the chilly night air, I was suddenly overwhelmed with warmth and light as straight in front of me, was an aisle of candles, guiding me to Sebastian who stood in the middle with a bouquet of roses. 

Many would find that stereotypical, but for some reason, roses intrigued me. They have a smooth, painting-perfect appearance. They are cunning and romantic but with thorns.

As I walked closer I gasped as more candles floated up, lighting the night sky, I looked up and could see all the stars and their beauty, many constellations painting the sky. 

"I know we haven't had the smoothest journey together", he took my hand, rubbing his thumb on the back of it.

I gasped, "Sebastian!"