Chapter 72

Her knees threatened to give way. His hand sneaked under her odhni and caressed her bare upper back and her midriff while the other pressed her tightly against him. A softly tiny moan escaped her throat. She was unable to move. Hot waves swept over her. Her bare skin burned ablazed, where his hands had touched her. Her stomach contracted, her pulse raced. Her hands found their way in his soft hair and unknowingly she pulled him tighter. Their kiss deepend, their tounges found and began their lovingly dance. He felt an unbearable bliss and the urge to never let her go. He felt like he never felt before. Blood rushed to his loins and his desire grew. His hand on her bare midriff moved further upwards and his thumb began to sensually caress the gentle arching hidden by fine silk. His tenderly touches sends pleasurful shivers over her, deep into her belly and deeper. His fingers wanted to feel her bare skin beneath them. But it was more than pure desire, he wanted to win her over wholeheartedly. He suppressed a groan. She stiffened and he came back to his senses. "Jalal! Stop it. It is too fast!" he urged himself to stop. Breathless, he broke away from her and held her from him.

"Delbaram" His hoarse voice was full of desire. He looked deep into her eyes.

"Shahenshah" she breathed. Don't know what to say she put her hand on his heart and felt its fast beating. He put his hand on hers and their eyes sank into each other. He saw affection and something deeper in her beautiful hazel eyes, but also fear. Their hands began to tingle and the rings emanate warmth. They began to work their magic. Time seemed to stand still.

"Shahenshah?" broke Jodha the spell of the moment and released her hand.

"Mmh?"

"Give... give me time!" She looked at him pleadingly. Reluctantly, he let go of her.

"As long as you like, Delbaram!" He took her hand and brought it to his lips. "Let's sit down and enjoy the balmy night. The roses have a wonderful fragrance. They remind us of a certain night!" He smiled at her.

"Us too." she whispered. Shyly, she put her hand on his, which rested on the bench. He reached for hers and held it tightly. Their fingers intertwined and they sat in silence.She leaned her head against his shoulder.

"Look at the moon. Isn't it beautiful?" broke Jodha's silence.

"Not as beautiful as you, mere rashk-e-qamar." He murmured.

"Shahenshah!"

"The moon must be envious of your beauty, Delbaram!"

"You should not..." Jodha sat up and looked at him sheepishly.

"Shhh!" He put a finger on her mouth. But the magic of the moment was gone. They sat next to each other in silence.

"Jodha Begum, let us talk about how we can unravel the conspiracy. The sooner the better." He suddenly said seriously.

"Do you think Sharif-ud-Din is also involved in the conspiracy?" asked Jodha.

"We suspect so. So does Adham Khan. Adham has always been jealous of us because badi ammi has taken care of me." He sighed. "By the fact that she is my milkmother, he thinks that he is entitled to more." He rubbed his temples with his fingers. "But badi ammi..." he fell silent. Jodha squeezed his hand compassionately.

"Perhaps Sharif-ud-Din will not survive the loss of his hand. He is behind bars and can do no more harm. We have already talked about convicting the culprit of the poison attack. Perhaps we can ..." she broke off. "No, we can't!" she said to herself.

"What were you going to say, Jodha Begum?"

No, no, that's too far-fetched!"

"Boliye na! Let's look at all the possibilities!"